Norden Woodkraft Ltd. is a small, general contracting company based out of Vancouver, BC. We run large scale residential renovations and custom commercial projects throughout the city of Vancouver.
We take pride in our work. We strive to provide clients with high quality and long lasting homes. We like to maintain a presence on our jobs throughout all stages of construction (from foundation to finish) and get a strong sense of satisfaction from seeing jobs through to completion. It is extremely important for us to gain and maintain the trust of our clients.
We try to maintain a positive atmosphere on the jobsite. Work is very rewarding when everyone works together to create something.
We are looking for an experienced Carpenter Supervisor to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a background in carpentry and construction, as well as experience in leading a team of carpenters. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing projects, supervising and training carpenters, and ensuring that all safety regulations are followed. We are looking for an individual who is detail-oriented, organized, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of carpenters and other workers.
- Perform on the tools tasks along with supervision duties.
- Ensure that all safety regulations are followed.
- Inspect and evaluate the quality of workmanship for in house workers, along with subcontractors
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Train and mentor carpenters in proper construction techniques.
- Read blueprints and interpret specifications.
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble, and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel, and other materials.
Our ideal applicant will have:
- Experience in all (or most) aspects of carpentry
- A keen eye for detail
- A strong work ethic
- A commitment to quality artisanship
- Good communication skills and professionalism
- Red seal journeyman/journeywoman certification is not required, but is definitely an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$43.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- construction: 4 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-07-05