Founded in 2004, Jake’s House is a Provincially and Federally funded Canadian charity with a mission to provide meaningful support to families living with autism across the country. Recognizing that more than any other single issue, families dealing with autism need a community, Jake’s House is committed to growing a strong network of people who understand and care - a family, determined to provide tangible solutions at every stage of life.
In addition to growing a caring, committed community, Jake’s House offers a continuum of structured services to provide practical help today and lasting hope for tomorrow. Through four strategic offerings – social events for the whole family; mentoring programs for youth; employment opportunities for young adults; and housing for the aging population – Jake’s House supports individuals on the spectrum throughout their entire lifespans.
Through these events and services, as well as other strategic initiatives, Jake’s House strives to empower individuals with autism; offer their caregivers support and respite; raise awareness; share resources; and build a caring community. Jake’s House is dedicated to delivering assistance to those who need it right now, while also determined to establish a support system for future generations.
The ideal candidate will be working with a dynamic, fast-growing organization, collaborating with a passionate, dedicated team.
Jake’s House is seeking an innovative and driven Marketing Manager to play a pivotal role in developing and executing marketing strategies that elevate the Jake’s house brand, expand the reach, and drive engagement. The ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of marketing principles, be proficient in graphic design, a creative mindset, and a deep passion for advancing the Jake’s House mission through impactful communication.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans that align with Jake's House goals and initiatives.
- Drive the creation of compelling content for various platforms, including social media, website, newsletters, and press releases.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conceptualize and execute marketing and participant recruitment campaigns that raise awareness and support for our programs.
- Utilize market research and insights to identify target audiences and tailor messaging to resonate with diverse stakeholders.
- Manage and analyze the performance of digital marketing efforts, making data-driven decisions to optimize strategies.
- Lead the design and production of marketing materials, ensuring consistency with Jake’s House’ brand identity.
- Monitor industry trends and competitor activities to identify opportunities for differentiation and innovation.
- Collaborate with external agencies and vendors, overseeing projects and ensuring timely delivery of materials.
- Support administration of the marketing budget by tracking expenses and recording invoices.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field.
- Proven experience (3+ years) in developing and executing successful marketing campaigns.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, graphic design, content creation, and analytics.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinker with the ability to generate unique ideas and concepts.
- Proficiency in marketing tools and software, specifically wordpress, canva and photoshop.
- Strong project management, prioritization and organizational abilities.
- Collaborative team player with leadership skills.
- Passion for the nonprofit sector and dedication to making a positive impact.
- Assist with event preparation and execution as needed.
Ideal Candidates (Culture Fit):
- Self-motivated, proactive, resourceful, and results driven.
- Adaptable, resilient, can switch gears and hats quickly, thrives in fast-moving environments.
- Strong communications skills, relationship building abilities, and a customer service mindset.
- Keen interest in staying up to date with digital technology trends.
- Experience in recruitment-focused marketing and fundraising, considered assets.
- Kind and empathetic, understanding the families we support always come first.
- Experience working for a non-profit/charity or with special needs individuals considered an asset.
- Fluency in French considered an asset.
Jake's House is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Jake's House will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the hiring process.
Job Type: Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L4W 0A9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Driver's Licence? (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Mississauga, ON L4W 0A9