Medisca is a global corporation with locations throughout North America, Australia, and Europe, that contributes to healthcare by leveraging strong partnerships that deliver customized solutions with an unwavering commitment to quality and innovation. Backed by 30+ years and a strong foundation in pharmaceutical compounding, Medisca is a business-to-business company that delivers comprehensive offerings by providing value, consistency, responsiveness, and loyalty. From pharmaceutical compounding products and services, to supply chain solutions, mixing technology manufacturing, analytical testing, IP licensing, to education services and more – Medisca delivers extensive solutions that leverages a strong network of partners committed to deeply caring about people. As Partners in Wellness, Medisca offers an unfailing devotion to improving lives, across a multitude of needs and across a multitude of people.
As a member of the Software Development team, you will contribute to creating, optimizing, and maintaining our platform of various software. You will participate in the analysis, design, implementation, and testing of new feature development. You will have the opportunity to run the entire lifecycle of the projects. Scoping it out, working on the front end, backend, and databases, providing a full turnkey solution. At the same time, you are learning the exciting and complex pharmaceutical industry.
Would you like to work in a growing department, with whom you will have the opportunity to collaborate? Are you resourceful, do you like to take the initiative and you are able to generate innovative solutions?
Collaborate with other departments, staff, and IT colleagues. Projects. Identify user requirements, assess available technologies, and create the solutions based on your input and expertise.
Learn, Plan, Program and Create
- Meet with stakeholders to determine the requirements.
- Develop programming code and software modifications using appropriate languages and tools to provide responsive, innovative solutions, and new functionality in enterprise-wide and/or complex specialized systems.
- Design integrated solutions that may include applications, databases, networks, and related systems.
- Ensure all stages of the development life cycle are followed and complete (Requirements, Change Controls, Testing, Validation, Documentation etc.)
- Actively participates in the validation of new systems or modified systems to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines for development, include structured programming and walk-through techniques as well as prototyping concepts.
- Design, structure, implement, and maintain database systems and programs. Adhere to established policies, standards, and procedures, ensuring useful and readily accessible data.
- Complete complex development tasks with minimal guidance.
- Participates in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements.
- Collaborate with the end users and provide support as required for our programs.
- Troubleshoot bugs and performance issues in the live environment.
- Implementing fixes for and improvements to existing features
- Performs or assists with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of your team and the engineering department.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- CEGEP or University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years experience in programming, able to learn and grow with us.
- Experience with SQL databases and understand database fundamentals.
- Ability to create T-SQL queries.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and Relational Database Management Systems.
- Required expertise, C# .NET, Visual Studio, SQL Server.
- Knowledge of; ASP.net, HTML, CSS.
- REST API and jQuery
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to learn new technologies.
- Customer focused, team oriented.
- Demonstrated creativity/innovation and a positive attitude.
- Language skills i.e. Excellent communication skills: fluent French and English (oral & written)
What’s in it for you…
We invest time and resources into making sure Medisca is as good as the people we hire.
- Work/Life Balance - 37.50 hour workweek with early Fridays all year long, PTO and vacation policy
- Invest in your health – Choice of modular plans, health spending account and free Telemedicine
- Flexible work environment – Hybrid work schedule with home office reimbursement program
- Your Future is Bright – Opportunities to learn and grow within Medisca
- Save for your Future – Medisca contributes to a deferred profit sharing plan (DPSP) when you invest in RRSPs
- Help us grow – Employee Referral Program
- Central location - Free parking/accessible by public transportation; a commercial center is within walking distance for lunch or groceries
- We like to have fun – company events throughout the year