With a legacy that spans over 100 years, Stelco is company that has grown along with Canada and its global partners. We understand that twenty-first century competition demands the highest quality products, period. So, Stelco is bringing together the people, technology, and unmatched market knowledge to, once again, take on that challenge from here at home.
Job Location Onsite:
About the role
The Credit Analyst will work within our F&A - Revenue/Credit department. Areas of responsibility may include one or more of the following: payment application, customer credit reviews, and account maintenance. The position works with all levels within the enterprise. We are looking for highly-motivated self-starters who are analytical and have excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple teams within the enterprise. Safety is the Core Value of Stelco and the individual will make Safety the #1 priority in the execution of all work activities, including monitoring contractor/vendor safety in support of work efforts.
This position reports to Senior Manager – Credit.
Your day to day
· Ensuring timely and cash application of customer invoices including the investigation of missing or inaccurate records
· Analyzing and investigating balances outstanding, over/under payments, tax discrepancies, and material claim deductions.
· Interaction with customers daily or as required with accounts payable and senior financial contacts (Controller/CFO), and purchasing contacts
· Liaise with Sales and Procurement teams regarding potential new and existing customers
· Customer reviews on an annual or ad-hoc basis including financial statement and DSO analysis, obtaining bank and trade references, sales forecast review, and historical payment and receivable analysis
· Support the Accounting and Finance team with month end closing duties including but not limited to AR subledger closing, reconciling to the GL, revenue recognition analysis, DSO analysis (executive level and customer level), bad debt reserve, and other reporting.
· Partner with financial and operational team members to drive top-line results
Drive process improvements that result in standardization, efficiencies, and effectiveness
· Strong analytical skills, work ethic and problem solving skills
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to work well with others both internal and external.
What you bring to the table
· Degree/Diploma in Accounting, Finance, or related field
· Work experience in a Credit area preferred
Job Skills and Knowledge
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to influence decisions and interact with internal and external individuals
· Ability to clearly and consistently communicate sensitive, complex or difficult information using simple terms and an appropriate style for the audience
· Ability to question and challenge status quo to drive efficiencies and identify opportunities to enhance profitability
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to confront tough issues in a creative manner and leverage well-developed team relationships to assess and resolve issues
· Must be able to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
· Must be able to produce high quality work-product in a time-sensitive fashion
· Ability to work independently and multi-task
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Your work environment
· Normal, fast-paced office environment for a high impact team
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Stelco is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, ON L8L 8K5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- This position is not remote and is onsite in Hamilton, Ontario
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-30