With the support and direction from the Manager of Youth Services, the Youth Engagement Worker is responsible for facilitating the Youth In Transition and Adulting 101 program through individual support, group workshops and youth drop-in services. This position will provide youth with a connection to their community while building essential skills to support the transition to adulthood.
The Youth Engagement Worker will undertake the planning, development and implementation of support services for youth ages 14 - 24 years. Specializing in educational, skill-building content to be delivered in classrooms, virtually and in community spaces. These programs are to be delivered within Airdrie, virtually and in surrounding rural communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- 27 hours/week spent supporting Airdrie and area youth aged 12-24.
- Attend regular meetings with clients, professionals, schools and community-based contacts.
- Attend professional training workshops, and continuing education to remain current with trends and best practices in supporting youth.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of transitional programs.
- Establish open communication with all supports involved within client case management.
- Ensure that goals and successes of youth in programs are supported.
- Supervise and ensure the safety of participants at all times. This may include but not limited to: additional program coverage at the Youth Centre, when requested.
- Provide guidance and supportive strategies during times where behavior management is required.
- To provide appropriate leadership and role modelling to program participants.
- Previous experience with children, youth and families.
- Enthusiastic and dedicated to providing innovative, creative, engaging and purposeful programs to all youth.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in various settings both independent, within the community and as a team.
- Able to build healthy and positive relationships with youth.
- The Youth Engagement Worker may work within the central office or travel to meet clients, as needed, and will work with all youth.
- The Youth Engagement Worker may be requested to support evening programs up to 10 hours/ week based on need
- Other duties as required.
- This is a contract position that pays $18.00 per hour.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in relevant field preferred.
- 2-4 years' experience working with youth preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and at least 5 years driving experience required.
- Previous community related experience a definite asset.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificates considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of including assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of wellness and programs/workshops.
- Experience in program evaluation methods including surveys and report writing
- Demonstrate a strong skill in the area of conflict resolution.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Proven organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 27 per week
Salary: $17.00-$18.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Airdrie, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
Work Location: In person