Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 124529
Primary Location: Montreal, QC
All Available Locations: Montreal, QC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Build a network of colleagues for life
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Reporting to the Manager of Workplace Services, the Workplace Services Facilities Supervisor is responsible for maintaining a high level of service within Facilities Management (FM), managed occupant services and local and regional operations.
The Supervisor will be accountable in delivering quality work in the most timely and efficient manner and is responsible for the identification and adoption of best practices. This individual will thrive in a fast-paced team environment, exercise discretion and diplomacy in all interactions and will be versatile to build strong relationships with internal enabling areas.
This individual is a member of the Workplace Services team and a key contributor to the achievement of tactical goals.
Responsibilities include oversight of areas of facilities, asset management, project management, operational readiness, vendor relations, emergency response and business continuity.
- Responsible for Operations & Maintenance (O&M), ensuring all mechanical elements of leased infrastructure are functioning as intended, compliant with laws and regulations, and serviced for efficiency, reliability and safety
- Oversees day-to-day activities of reactive and preventative maintenance programs, facility inspections
- Supervise and coordinate various vendors and contractors for general building maintenance
- Oversight of interior elements such as furniture, fixtures and equipment, tracking and maintaining inventories
- Utilize internal ticketing software to monitor and resolve requests and issues
- Manage service requests, e.g. freight elevator deliveries, after-hours access, shredding vendors, etc.
- Manages people relocations, new hires, departures, packing or unpacking assistance, movers coordination. Overall assignment of storage drawer allocations.
- Involved with change management, such as build-outs, renovations, operational readiness, and occupancy preparation
- Involved with business readiness for multiple global ISO obligations and compliance, in preparation for yearly onsite/virtual audits
- Alignment with environmental sustainability initiatives and compliance, to ensure the enhancement of energy consumption performance, biodegradable waste management, and greening programs from a real estate perspective
- Anchor all actions in a deep understanding of expectations, needs and challenges along with a solid knowledge of Workplace Service processes and practices
- Implement best practices and identify opportunities for standardization and process improvement leveraging technology
- Develop effective working relationships with other Business Operations team members
- Foster continuous improvement, knowledge sharing and team building to build a high-performing team through periodic meetings, events and networks, and other initiatives
- Ensure team member competence through formal training, on-the-job coaching, and routine and effective communication
- Supervise and inspire your team to find efficiencies and cost savings opportunities, and to work to their highest capabilities in order to provide exceptional customer service
- Act as a role model for our Reinvented Performance Management experience by actively playing the role of a team leader and coach
- Develop detailed resourcing and work plans, direct project teams, deliver status, meet deadlines, manage to budget, meet or exceed quality standards
- Leverage operational reports, service level agreements, and process KPIs to ensure we meet our commitments
- Connect the dots between strategy and execution across Business Operations
- Proactively seeks out internal and external opportunities to build networks
- Creates an inclusive culture that encourages and recognizes individual and team achievements to promote engagement and retention of top talent
- Minimum 2-4 years of supervisory and operational experience, preferably within a complex professional service work environment
- IFMA Facilities Management Professional (FMP) designation an asset
- Previous experience with physical office moves and building out new office environment
- Experience that demonstrates excellent customer service skills, strong communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work in a new and growing team environment
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and provide relevant learning to a team
- Effective skillsets in the areas of organization, priority and time management and problem solving
- Able to take initiative. Assertive, confident, and willing to take appropriate and proactive action to accomplish tasks with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and professional demeanor
- Strong level of knowledge of common industry software, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio) and Adobe Acrobat
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for continuous learning relevant to the role
- Bilingualism in English and French is required
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to provide after-hours on-call emergency support as required
- Bilingualism in French and English is required for this position due to the nature of the role having interactions with National & Global clients and project teams.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at [email protected] if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations) or [email protected] for any questions relating to careers for Indigenous peoples at Deloitte (First Nations, Inuit, Métis).
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.