Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events, and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2023, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022, and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
Reporting to a Track Supervisor, the Track Maintainer is responsible for the execution of various railway track maintenance and/or track rehabilitation activities in a group of 2 to 5 employees. This is a full-time permanent opportunity based out of Ottawa, Ontario.
Key Responsibilities and Functions
Vegetation Control (grass/brush) using gas powered hand equipment.
- Repair of deficiencies in the track structure under the direction of a Track foreman.
- Removal and replacement of defective rails, railway crossties, rail fastenings and other rail infrastructure components.
- Maintenance of at grade public and private road crossings.
- Minor repairs to asphalt surface of at grade public road crossings.
- Assist in unloading ballast and distributing track material.
- Installation of signage within railway right of way.
- Minor repairs to right of way fencing.
- Snow clearing from railway turnouts (switches) and other key track and right of way components – Winter.
- Maintain various hand tools for assigned work.
- Operation of medium duty equipment (if qualified.
- Other related tasks as required.
What will you need to succeed?
3 years of previous Railway experience in a comparable role.
- Valid driver’s license of “G” classification (Ontario) or higher.
- Ability to read/write/speak English.
- Safety minded work ethic.
- Ability to work autonomously and adapt to different situations.
- Demonstrate good teamwork and maintain positive interactions with others.
- Transportation to starting work location.
- Must be able endure repetitive physical work activities and lift and carry approximately 60lbs.
- Good understanding in track standards and track safety requirements (asset).
- Computer skills (office suites, form entry, other) (asset).
- Trade Training and certification applicable to the position (asset).
- Ability to read/write/speak French (asset).
- Safety Training and certifications (asset).
Available to work on various work cycles with occasional overtime.
Willingness and ability to work both day, evening shifts and weekends.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 175 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio. Its core areas include rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, a comprehensive software portfolio, turnkey systems as well as related services. With digital products and solutions, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2022, which ended on September 30, 2022, Siemens Mobility posted revenue of €9.7 billion and had around 38,200 employees worldwide. Further information is available at: www.siemens.com/mobility.
In Canada, Siemens Mobility has been providing solutions to the transportation industry for more than 40 years, including railway infrastructure maintenance services on the rail networks in Quebec and Ontario, light rail vehicles in Edmonton and Calgary, trainsets delivered to VIA Rail Canada, new trainsets for Ontario Northland that will bring back Northeastern passenger rail to Ontario that are expected to be delivered in 2026, an order for locomotives for Montreal’s expo and the rail electrification and overall system maintenance of the light rail transit network in Kitchener-Waterloo. Our footprint also includes dispatching services operated from Dorval, Québec, to more than 25 railways across Canada covering over 3,400 miles of track.
Today, Siemens Mobility provides customers with full-service capabilities for the entire life cycle of their projects to help evolve our growing cities while supporting Canada’s sustainability goals.
To learn more about Siemens Mobility, visit our website at Siemens Mobility | Canada | Siemens Mobility Canada
Pour en savoir plus sur Siemens Mobility, visitez notre site Web à Accueil | Canada | Siemens Mobility Canada
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.