Wellington House, located in Prescott, Ontario is a 60-bed long-term care home dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents in partnership with UniversalCare, our family members, valued employees and community partners.
Our team is currently hiring for a permanent full-time Maintenance Manager. We offer competitive wages and benefits which include health/dental benefits, paid vacation and retirement benefits, along with an opportunity to grow your career with an employer of choice.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Maintenance Manager position is a critical role with overall accountability for the management and leadership of operational activities within the maintenance department.
As part of our team, your role as a Maintenance Manager contributes to our resident experiences in the following ways:
- Plans, coordinates, directs and monitors effectiveness of the maintenance department within the home, ensuring those activities are aligned to the home’s strategic plan, mission and values.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant legislation including but not limited to: Ministry Acts, regulations, policies and procedures, directives, and collective agreements.
- Completes general maintenance activities for all areas of the building, inclusive of the outside grounds, mechanical equipment, life safety systems and all other building support systems to ensure optimal effectiveness.
- Where repairs and/or maintenance requires an outside contractor to complete the work, obtain necessary approvals to have the work completed and monitor the work of that contractor.
- Documents and implements preventative maintenance activities, performs general repairs, as required for plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems and completes general carpentry work to ensure a clean, sanitary good state of repair.
- Fosters effective interpersonal relationships between residents, families and other interdisciplinary team members in relation to building maintenance issues.
- Maintains a proper inventory of spare parts and maintenance supplies.
- Provides financial leadership by managing and monitoring the maintenance budget and fiscal plan.
- Participates in strategic planning for the home and leads and participates in committees as required.
- Maintains an organized system of records management for the maintenance department.
- Works in accordance with the organization's Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Need:
· Must have a minimum of three-five years of experience working in a Maintenance capacity, preferably in the long-term care sector.
· Knowledge of the Fixing Long-Term Care Homes Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Building Code, Fire Code and other pertinent legislation which influences the general safety and maintenance aspects of the operation.
· Strong relationship building abilities and organizing skills with the ability to lead and influence others.
· Ability to read and interrupt equipment manuals, architectural, mechanical or electrical drawings.
· Must have demonstrated supervisory and leadership abilities in a management capacity, preferably in long-term care or a healthcare setting.
· Must posses excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other computerized documentation systems.
· Individuals who are licensed in a trade would be preferred.
· All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector check.
· All applicants must provide proof of being fully vaccinated, except due to legitimate established exceptions.
· Have a passion to work with the senior population.
If you are passionate about contributing to a multi-disciplinary team that is committed to making a difference to the lives of our residents than we would love to speak to you about this great opportunity.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Work Location: One location