- Current certification as a Certified Clinical Anesthesia Assistant
- Current certification of registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (CRTO)
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers BLS-HCP(C), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Minimum 2 years recent related experience in a critical care, emergency or operating room hospital environment
- Knowledge of current anesthesiology principles and practices, as well as agents, equipment, procedures, and techniques for the provision of anesthesia to patients
- Capable of making unanticipated changes to patient status/condition with or without the collaboration of an anesthesiologist and function with confidence in emergencies while following medical directives
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer programs (i.e. Outlook, PowerChart, Infomed) relevant to all pertinent documentation and workload data collection
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of taking the initiative and contributing to the department, the hospital and the practice is preferred
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving, decision-making and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work through difficult situations and in a high stress, dynamic environment
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to the principles of patient and family centered care
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to LHSC’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/ Diphtheria/Polio; Meningitis.
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing (two step) and COVID vaccine series.
- For more information visit https://www.lhsc.on.ca/careers/health-review-requirements
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and are also fully compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), as applicable.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written examination or test. Please be advised that a reference check may be conducted as part of the selection process.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory police information check (original document) completed in the last 6 months.