The Human Resources Coordinator’s main focus is recruiting, selecting, and retaining staff along with the preparation and submission of payroll. They assist to organize social events for employees, and continuously seek out creative ways to recognize employees’ accomplishments.
A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role is essential. A degree, certificate, or diploma in Human Resources Management, or comparable education, is required for this role. Having acquired, or working towards, a CPHR designation would be an asset.
The person in this role must be self-motivated, highly organized, and have excellent communication skills.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting employees for all positions within the company, which includes managing job descriptions, creating job postings, posting positions, exploring new avenues for recruiting staff, sorting resumes and directing them appropriately within the company.
- Assisting to select employees for all positions within the company, which includes reviewing resumes, developing interview questions, arranging and conducting interviews, performing reference checks, and making hiring recommendations.
- Requesting and checking any pre-hire documentation required, running criminal background checks on potential employees, and preparing offers of employment.
- Onboarding, or assisting with the onboarding, of new employees.
- Preparing and submitting of payroll in a timely manner, including the processing and distribution of Records of Employment and T4s.
- Assisting with enrolling employees onto the group health benefits plan.
- Assisting to develop, promote, and maintain internal programs for attracting and retaining staff, such as the Employee Referral Program and the Summer Bonus Program.
- Keeping abreast of hiring grants and programs, applying for available grants, and claiming grant funds.
- Keeping abreast of changes to immigration programs that could assist with hiring and benefit the company.
- Assisting with the reviewing and updating of the Employee Handbooks.
- Developing relationships within the community, and further afield, related to staffing and recruiting (The Job Resource Centre, Positive People Placement, training facilities, and schools and colleges offering relevant programs).
- Seeking out and organizing training opportunities for staff as needed or requested and recording and tracking training.
- Exploring and promoting volunteer opportunities within the community for Spring Creek staff to participate in, organizing volunteers for these events, and participating at volunteer events.
- Promoting formal and informal recognition programs.
- Responding to manager and employee requests for letters confirming employment and letters of recommendation.
- Assisting to plan and execute social events for staff.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- CANMORE, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Human Resources: 1 year (required)
Work Location: One location