Robertson Electric Wholesale is a highly regarded electrical distributor in Canada. Robertson has demonstrated steady and secure growth since new ownership in 2008, proving to be a dominant player in the industries we serve. With nine branches across Canada and secure business plans for further growth and expansion, Robertson is seeking candidates to join our dynamic Company and be part of our continued success.
Scope of the Position
The Project Coordinator is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support to the Projects Team in order to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner. They must maintain the Project correspondence and ensure that files are accurate and complete. They are also responsible for any other duties that are assigned to them by the Projects Manager.
- Answer telephone calls and direct callers to the correct person or voicemail and/or takes messages.
- Manage and Distribute Projects emails received RFQ’s (Requests for Quotations)
- Print and email drawings and relevant info for Projects.
- Coordinating with our customers to book and complete all required work onsite per the scope of work and the timelines were given.
- Confirming project timelines/occupancy as the project progresses and providing planners and scheduling coordinators with updates regarding relevant changes onsite.
- Files documents accordingly.
- Compare vendor invoices with purchase orders in the AS400 system for accuracy and act if there are discrepancies.
- Keep inventory of the office supplies, and place orders when supplies are running short.
- Maintains vendor information in system.
- Performs additional assignments and responsibilities as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working as a Projects Coordinator in the electrical industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong abilities with software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and an understanding of database applications Epicor/Eclipse.
- Goal-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work well within a team environment.
- Adaptive, quick learner, exceptional organization and reporting skills with the ability to have attention to detail while multi-tasking.
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer-focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity.
A few reasons why it’s great to work for us
- Robertson Electric Wholesale is an established and fast-growing company.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- RRSP matching plan
- Opportunities for growth and development
Robertson Electric is an equal opportunity employer. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Robertson's hiring process.
To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require an accommodation to apply you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kitchener, ON N2R 1J9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Quotations: 1 year (required)
- Project Coordinator: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person