Our Underground Utilities division is an approved City of Calgary contractor with a variety of city projects in its portfolio. Each member of North Star’s management team has over 25 years of solid industry experience, guaranteeing the highest quality of product and service. North Star has proven itself to be a successful deep utility service company capable of handling any large-scale project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install PVC, concrete, HDPE piping material as well as installation of manholes, catch basins, etc.
- Ensure that pipe is “on Grade” and installed to city specifications.
- Assist Foreman in daily crew activities.
- Ensure that all installed materials are properly bedded.
- Install and/or repair sanitary or stormwater sewer structures or pipe.
- Knowledgeable in the use of tools such as lasers, grade rods, or transit levels.
- Grade or level trench bases, using tamping machines and hand tools.
- Able to direct operators around underground utilities safety.
- Behaves in a manner that ensures the safety of themselves, their co-workers, and others on the work sites.
- Assists other employees when required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a pipe layer.
- Experience working in the construction industry.
- Understand elevations and grading.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, specifications, schedules, and costing reports.
- Thorough understanding of construction procedures and safety practices.
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS2020) Certification.
- Ground Disturbance.
- Confined Space.
- Must have own transportation with strong knowledge of Calgary and surrounding area.
- Self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated dedication and reliability.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Must be available to work long hours including evenings and weekends during the work season from April to December.
- Must be physically fit to perform manual labour in all types of environments and conditions, including heavy lifting.
- Must have CSA-approved safety boots.
*Rates will vary based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $33.00 per hour
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $32.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Underground Pipelaying: 2 years (required)
Work Location: On the road