Harrison Hot Springs Resort is currently recruiting for the position of Lifeguard/Cashier.
About our company:
Harrison Hot Springs and the Eastern Fraser Valley is a beautiful place to live, work and play. We would love to have you join our amazing team and share the high quality of life that we have come to enjoy.
At Harrison Hot Springs Resort, our guests discover a location unlike any other destination in the world. We know the care and customer service we offer our guests leads to special experiences for them. We endeavour to exceed guest expectations and deliver outstanding products and hospitality services. Even though we welcome thousands of guests each year, we will focus on individuals and what we can do to make them feel like they are at home.
Overlooking Harrison Lake, the Harrison Hot Springs Resort offers the following amenities: five mineral hot springs pools, the Healing Springs Spa, three restaurants and a coffee bar, extensive banquet and catering options, Resort Golf Course and Resort Marina.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports for work at scheduled time, well groomed, and neatly dressed in clean and presentable uniform with name tag.
- Opens/closes the building, takes keys and cash to the resort on evening shift, retrieve keys/float in the morning.
- Ensures float is counted and accurate in the morning.
- Orders adequate change from linen driver, anticipating daily needs.
- Orders adequate change and supplies (towels, shower gel, cleaning supplies, etc)
- Records necessary information regarding day passes and seven day visit tickets, etc.
- Keeps tallies on hourly/daily admission sheets, including number of special cards, rates, etc.
- Admits patrons to the pool, efficiently handling cash, credit and debit card transactions.
- Rents suits, towels and lockers to patrons.
- Checks First Aid Box and Oxygen canisters daily and report any replenishments needed to Supervisor.
- Takes and records pool H2O tests every two hours.
- Assists patrons in and out of water as required, within your ability.
- Ensures that the building and pool area are free of safety hazards.
- Adhere to all company and resort policies and procedures.
- Maintains the rules of the pool with regards to running, diving, smoking, etc.
- Maintains the cleanliness/professional image of the office, pool area, and washrooms/change rooms.
- Pool coverage at the resort required from time to time with various duties including dealing with our guests, enforcing pool rules, towel distribution and some lifeguarding may be applicable.
- Some stress resulting from daily guest interactions (internal and external), budgetary, and time constraints.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- National Lifeguard certificate, maintained at current status.
- Bronze Cross Certificate or higher.
- Basic Rescuer and current CPR certificate.
- Occupational First Aid would be an asset.
- 1 year experience with cash handling would be an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience would be considered.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English with a variety of patrons at the public pool.
- Ability to deal sensitively with people with disabilities or new swimmers.
- Ability to count and maintain accurate float.
- Maintain accurate float and balance daily cash out.
- Ability to control cash and credit, and find mistakes as they occur.
- Ability to apply proactive solutions to situations as they arise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent working relationships with coworkers and other departments.
- Able and willing to properly clean / sanitize pools, washrooms, change rooms etc.
- Being multi lingual is an asset.
- Knowledge of Harrison Hot Springs Resort and the area would be an asset.
- Availability for any and all shifts i.e. early morning, evenings, weekends, etc.
- Flexible to a changing schedule.
Harrison Hot Springs Resort will reimburse any candidate who successfully
achieves the Bronze Cross NL Certification in order to become a lifeguard
at our resort after their probationary period.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to $21.29 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Lifeguarding: 1 year (preferred)
- Basic Rescuer or Current CPR certificate (preferred)
- OFA (an asset) (preferred)
- Bronze Cross (required)
- Canadian Work Permit (required)
- National Lifeguard Certificate (required)
Work Location: In person