We are looking for a driven Lead Application Developer to join our fast-paced and hands-on environment.
In this role you will play a crucial role in driving the implementation of innovative applications in the Lottery Management Services (LMS) Department. Reporting to the Manager, Application Development, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing B2B software applications, including responsive web applications in support of the lottery industry.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing program – every role plays a part in our success!
- Company pension
- Health & Extended Benefits
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- On-Site Cafeteria & Outdoor Patio
- On-Site Gym
- A variety of committee-driven employee engagement activities
- Free Parking
- We are one of Manitoba’s Top Employers for 2023
- A hybrid work environment
What You’ll Do
- Lead the development team, develop estimates, participate in sprint ceremonies, and assist with Agile planning practices.
- Collaborate with the Product Owners to design, build, test, and deploy high-quality software to Pollard’s customers.
- Meet development targets and ensure project deadlines are met.
- Offer technical problem-solving / technical analysis support to the team members.
- Support existing products and innovations following established practices and policies.
Who You Are
- A highly motivated, creative team player who is passionate about delivering results
- A good listener who possesses excellent written and oral communication skills to work with the team effectively
- An analytical individual who can effectively self-manage and complete high-priority tasks
- Hands-on approach and involved in the design of applications
- An effective decision-maker with the ability to mentor developers to achieve goals through clear instruction
- A resourceful problem-solver with the ability to use logic, technical and critical thinking skills to plan for and investigate issues proactively
What You’ll Bring
- Full proficiency and hands-on experience with React and Spring Boot
- Knowledge of databases such as MySQL and experience using SQL
- Experience with creating and utilizing RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes and or Microservices Architecture is considered an asset.
- Good understanding of Agile development methodologies and associated tools like the Atlassian Suite
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) would be an asset.
- Experience with DevOps practices, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes and technologies such as Jenkins is considered an asset.
- Experience working with distributed cross-functional teams, including product management, quality assurance, and operations.
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to take the initiative and delegate accordingly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to document technical specifications.
Apply now by submitting a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using, and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R3T 0M8: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (preferred)
- Application development: 5 years (preferred)
- Leadership: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Winnipeg, MB R3T 0M8