The Industrial Hygiene Manager (Asbestos) ensures that the environmental issues facing both the company and its clients are addressed to minimize liability and ensure due diligence. The incumbent will oversee compliance with legal and contractual environmental requirements and manage human and physical resources to reduce losses for BGIS Global Integrated Solutions and its clients.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and optimize the asbestos and other hazardous substance management program.
- Support project and operations teams in developing projects to ensure the safe management of asbestos-containing materials or materials that may contain asbestos or other hazardous substances.
- Support operations teams in communicating requirements regarding the management of asbestos and other hazardous substances to stakeholders, as required by PSPC’s National Asbestos Management Standard, the Canada Labour Code and the industry’s most stringent best practices.
- Perform quality checks on interventions performed consultants specialized in asbestos and other hazardous substances.
- Perform quality checks on deliverables from consultants specialized in asbestos and other hazardous substances.
- Maintain records of asbestos-containing materials and ensure data continuity.
- Oversee the transition and update of available hazardous substance data to maintain BOMA BEST certification in all buildings.
- Ensure effective communication with stakeholders during incidents involving materials containing asbestos or other hazardous substances.
- Produce deliverables for the asbestos management file and ensure compliance with procedures and guidelines for managing of asbestos and other hazardous substances.
- Work with the Lease Property Team to monitor asbestos-related requirements for leases against the lease clauses and share information with PSPC to update the national asbestos inventory.
- Hold information sessions with stakeholders about the asbestos management program.
Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- University degree or professional certification (e.g., P.Eng., CMA, CGA or equivalent education/training)
- At least five and up to ten years of professional experience
- Knowledge of building systems and financial controls
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge of BGIS Global Integrated Solutions processes (quality and tendering processes)
- Project management skills
- Technical writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Influencing skills and interpersonal assertiveness
- Public-speaking skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to understand complex processes
- Good sense of judgment based on objective evidence
- Leadership and supervisory skills
Bilingual (English and French)
Licenses and/or professional accreditation
BGIS est un employeur qui respecte l'égalité des chances et nous vous invitons à postuler pour un poste chez nous ! Si vous avez besoin d'un accommodement pendant le processus de recrutement, veuillez nous contacter à askHR. En cas de demande d'accommodement, nous discuterons avec le candidat en question et fournirons, ou ferons en sorte de fournir, un accommodement approprié d'une manière qui tiendra compte des besoins d'accessibilité du candidat en fonction de son handicap.
BGIS is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome you to apply for a position with us! If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us at askHR. Upon request for accommodation, we will consult with the applicant in question and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.