In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The CHW Supervisor coordinates the delivery of Home Support Services by conducting home visits, implementing client Care Plans, and responding to service delivery concerns. The CHW Supervisor directly supervises Community Health Workers and assists with their training, evaluation and discipline. The CHW Supervisor collaborates with the health care team and client/family in a 24-hour, 7 days per week model and reports directly to the Home Support Manager.
Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant; WHMIS certificate; Certification in CPR, Standard First Aid and Food Safe; or other qualifications determined to be reasonable and relevant to the level of work.
Valid BC Driver's License and a reliable vehicle. Clear Police Criminal Record Check and Solicitor General's Criminal Record Check.
Strong knowledge of computer applications, data entry and keyboarding skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to communicate with clients, clinicians and CHWs
- Ability to problem-solve and deal with conflict resolution
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a call center environment
- Ability to support, supervise, guide and mentor HCA/CHWs in the delivery of quality care
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships and participate effectively as a team member