At Kindred Home Care we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our company values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Kindred Home Care does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or marital status.
Are you looking for a meaningful CAREER opportunity? Kindred Home Care has been providing short and long term home support services to individuals and families throughout New Brunswick for over 30 years!
If you've never worked in Home Care before and don’t have training? That’s okay!
Peak Form Health & Safety Academy, provides Personal Care Aide II training to all Kindred Employees and will give you all the tools you need to work as a Home Support Worker.
The Peak Form program includes; a highly accessible learn-at-home program an innovative, mobile, hands-on lab!
As a Home Support Worker you will work one-on-one with clients to provide non-medical assistance with tasks such as:
- Meal preparation, housekeeping, running errands, medication reminders, personal care and companionship.
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements:
- Experience in food preparation and/or housekeeping is an asset
- Personal experience caring for seniors or individuals with special needs is an asset
- Satisfactory criminal record / vulnerable sector check, as well as a satisfactory background check through the NB Department of Social Development
- Pre-existing First Aid and CPR certification is an asset (Kindred pays renewal fees)
- Must have a phone & voicemail, an email address, & regular access to a computer/ tablet for the purposes of checking email and completing the online component of the training program
- Must have a reliable source of transportation (Kindred pays mileage - $.50 per KM, untaxed)
The needs of people receiving in-home care can vary greatly, we can offer work schedules that work for you! Daytime, evening, overnight and weekend hours, part-time or full-time hours are available.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person