Hôpital Montfort is Ontario’s Francophone Academic Hospital, offering exemplary person-centred care. The hospital serves over 1.2 million people in Eastern Ontario, in both official languages. In 2014, it earned Accreditation with Exemplary Standing from Accreditation Canada, and was designated Best Practices Spotlight Organization by the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario.With its main partners, the University of Ottawa and La Cité college, as well as other post-secondary programs, Montfort is preparing the next generation of Francophone healthcare professionals. In 2015, it joined the ranks of Canada’s top 40 research hospitals through the activities of the Institut de recherche de l’Hôpital Montfort. As part of its 2016-2021 strategy, Montfort is striving to become your hospital of reference for outstanding services, designed with you and for you.
Summary of Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Diagnostic Imaging Clinical Manager, the technologist will provide support to the multidisciplinary team and ensure the smooth running of diagnostic magnetic resonance imaging examinations. Key responsibilities are:
- Perform MRI examinations for diagnostic purposes, evaluate the quality of MR images and perform various tasks related to the examination.
- Notify radiologist when pathology or patient condition requires modification of standard protocol.
- Adjust and/or add technical factors or sequences to demonstrate pathologies, reduce artifacts according to physical condition.
- Ensure patient and staff safety, and that equipment is compatible and safe in the required area.
- Ensure the proper operation of equipment and technical materials, provide maintenance and ensure that the examination room is equipped and well-maintained.
- Perform quality control tests.
- Track MR images in the PACS system and transfer MR images to other media, if necessary.
- Safely install the venous line and inject contrast medium during MRI examinations, and check the patient's condition.
Relationships with others
- Welcoming, positioning and reassuring the patient;
- Respond to the patient's needs and questions before and during the examination;
- Explain the next steps following the examination;
- Interact with staff and healthcare professionals.
Profile and Experience
- A college diploma in medical radiation technology;
- Valid certification in magnetic resonance imaging;
- Be an active member of the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO) in your field of specialty;
- Valid certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Intermediate oral and written proficiency in both official languages (French and English),
Comply with the teaching and research ethics of your professional order.
- Minimum of one (1) year's experience in a position deemed equivalent in a hospital environment, having developed skills in medical radiation;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the PACS system.
- Experience with Meditech software;
- Active membership in the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT).
Hôpital Montfort recognizes the importance of patient care through the collaborative approach of all its employees, and the sense of responsibility each has towards achieving a superior level of care.
To do this, you have the following key skills:
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal communications
- Attention to detail
- Being organized
Montfort is committed to employment equity and invites applications from women, Indigenous people, people with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you require accommodation during the assessment period, please notify us by email at [email protected] as soon as possible. We will review your request and implement appropriate measures to facilitate your full participation in the selection process. Montfort reviews accommodation requests on a case-by-case basis and reserves the right to request supporting documents.
An acknowledgment of receipt will be sent. Only those selected for an examination / interview will be contacted.