Who are we: Athabasca Workforce Solutions Inc. (AWS) specializes in providing Recruitment Solutions based on Client-Specific Strategies. Recruiting and evaluating the skills of all our job candidates ensures we find the perfect match between employer and prospective employee. We are here to help solve the temporary staffing needs of companies and create employment opportunities for those looking to enter the workforce. We are not just another temporary staffing company. We have a mission to educate, advise, and support our workers to succeed long-term.
AWS is looking for the right individuals for the Respiratory Therapist position for Saskatchewan Health Authority.
A Respiratory Therapist (RT) is a health-care professional that evaluates, treats, and cares for people who have breathing problems. RTs use oxygen, medicines, and mechanical measures such as chest percussion to help people breathe more effectively. Most RTs work under the direct supervision of a doctor and treat people of all ages, from premature babies with undeveloped lungs to older adults with respiratory disease. They mostly work in hospital settings but can also work in nursing homes and doctor’s offices.
- Provides general and specialized respiratory treatments and mechanical ventilation.
- Assists with special projects and maintains respiratory therapy equipment. For all consultations, develop, assess, implement, and evaluate care plans.
- Individual patient evaluation and treatment- health evaluations, vaccines, treatments, and regular patient follow-up to promote health and disease prevention advice.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with the rest of the interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to act on one's own initiative and display proactive/preventative care methods.
- Review clinical referrals, accept, screen, and assess client needs from an occupational therapy perspective in collaboration with other health disciplines.
- Assessment, treatment planning, intervention, consultation, education, and follow-up, based on the patient's individualized goals
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy training program or a diploma in Respiratory Therapy
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (C.S.R.T)
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan College of Respiratory Therapist (S.C.R.T)
- Criminal Record Check including vulnerable sector check valid within last 6 months.
- Neonatal and pediatric patient care experience would be considered an asset.
- Driver's license
- BLS HCP/CPR-C (preferred)
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
Knowledge and Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office word processing and spreadsheets, email and internet
Please submit a resume to apply, only candidates considered will be contacted.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references, and other relevant verifications depending on the position. This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saskatchewan: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (preferred)
- Are you registered or eligible for registration with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (C.S.R.T)?
- Are you registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan College of Respiratory Therapists (S.C.R.T)?
- Will you be willing to provide COVID-19 vaccination proof?
- Respiratory Therapist: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: On the road