Graymont’s Maintenance Support Group is seeking a highly organized, motivated, and self-directed individual to fill the position of Senior Reliability Engineer/Specialist. The incumbent will promote and support the usage of Graymont Reliability Centered Maintenance methods to determine and manage the reliability program for plant equipment across Graymont facilities in North America.
The successful applicant will be responsible for continuous training, development and overall guidance for the Reliability Community of Practice in North America. The incumbent will provide direct (hands-on) reliability support at Graymont facilities as required and play a key role in guiding and supporting the overall maintenance program consistent with Graymont’s Maintenance Excellence strategy. Regular travel is required, and the successful applicant can be located within reasonable proximity of a Graymont plant, office and/or major airport within Canada or United States.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful applicant is expected to take a hands-on approach and will be responsible for the following:
· Provide leadership and participate actively to ensure the highest standards are achieved and maintained in terms of safety, environment, quality, and efficiency.
· Lead Graymont Reliability Community of Practice (CoP) to facilitate knowledge development/exchange and consistency of practices and performance across all Graymont plants.
· Review, identify and coordinate training requirements related to Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) , with a focus on developing and continuously improving skills and capabilities of maintenance teams at all Graymont manufacturing plants in North America.
· Conduct training and provide leadership to enable development, continuous improvement and sustainability of RCM practices at Graymont plants. Including; equipment criticality evaluations, preventive maintenance, root cause analysis, asset condition monitoring, defect elimination, etc.
· Ensure reliability workflows and procedures are designed to function efficiently and in harmony with other maintenance and operations work streams such as: planning & scheduling, inventory management, procurement, process engineering, project management and production operations.
· Participate in developing, implementing and sustaining Graymont’s evolution in asset condition monitoring technologies, tools, analytics and associated systems.
· Conduct audits/assessments at manufacturing plants and regularly monitor performance metrics to ensure Maintenance Excellence practices are conducted as per Graymont program, and results expectations are being met.
· Function as a maintenance and reliability subject matter expert on capital projects, corporate initiatives, acquisitions, or as needed for other special assignments.
· Regular travel required: up to 50% travel to Graymont facilities in Canada and United States.
· Proven track record of safe work and safety leadership.
· Technical college certification or university degree in a related trade or engineering field , with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a heavy industrial environment.
· Assignments are broad in nature and require appreciable originality, research and ingenuity.
· High degree of organizational, prioritizing, and motivational skills.
· Ability to inspire, motivate and work well with maintenance and operations employees at all levels to solicit input and develop ownership & accountability of key processes/responsibilities.
· High level of computer proficiency (JDE, CMMS, MS Excel) and capable of learning new applications.
· The applicant must be eligible to work in both Canada and US, and/or must be able to obtain the required work visa.