KPIC Maintenance Services Inc. (a member of the FWS Group of Companies) specializing in industrial maintenance services, providing preventative and reactive solutions along with small project retrofits and expansions to our client’s facilities primarily in grain handling, feed mill and food processing.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to join our team in the Atikokan, Ontario area, working a 14 days on, 14 days off schedule.
- Works with the Regional Manager & facility manager to coordinate the day-to-day maintenance/service activities at the customer facility and helps to ensure that the work is completed safely and in a timely manner acceptable to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Will be required to work on the tools and will be expected to train and mentor other tradespersons working for the Company.
- Provides direction to the workers to ensure that precision, professionalism, efficiency and quality are met on every task.
- Ensure safe performance of all maintenance activities, delivery on all safety standards including training, audits and inspections necessary to achieve an injury free environment, sustainable over time.
- Planning, organizing and facilitation of all maintenance functions sufficient to meet or exceed annual KPI’s.
- Support for the onsite maintenance tradespeople functions specific to planning, organizing, executing and improving tasks.
- Occasional work on tools.
- Ensure workflow processes are in place and adhered to in the mill and measure performance of tradespeople to ensure efficient and effective utilization of maintenance resources.
- Develops a productive, positive and effective work force to carry out maintenance/service work in a safe and efficient manner by training other workers and leading by example
- Builds and maintains an effective working relationship with the client and the client’s representatives.
- On completion of maintenance/service activities – will participate in the inspection with the client or act on behalf of the client and resolve any concerns prior to formal client acceptance striving for “zero deficiencies”.
- Promotes and demonstrates a strong work ethic, quality, safety and leadership each day. Promoting these KPIC core values to Field Technicians each and every day.
- Always act and execute with a lean mindset, financially and operationally.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in all business interactions and strives to meet customer needs in a creative and safe manner.
- Pleasant demeanour with an ability to handle multiple time-sensitive tasks while working within a team environment.
- Must have a working knowledge of Millwright practices and adequate welding experience.
- A Journeyperson Millwright with a CWB Welding Certificate is considered an asset. Adequate experience with less training will be considered.
- Well-developed interpersonal and supervisory skills with the ability to be firm but fair. Capable of dealing effectively with heated and confrontational situations.
- Computer skills or willingness to learn, in new platforms and systems.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Appropriate level of experience in the maintenance/service industry.
- Must have working knowledge of sawmill facilities and environment. ies.
- Must possess all required Safety Tickets/training, minimally including a current First Aid Certificate, fall arrest, confined space, WHIMIS, CSTS.
- Holds no previous safety violation within the FWS Group of Companies.
- Basic understanding to fill out work orders as required
- Maintaining a clean company truck inside & out, clean tool trailer inside & out and completing daily vehicle & trailer inspections ensuring they meet all required safe standards.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required with drivers’ abstract. Class 1 or class 3 an added asset.
- Rotation Shifts (ie. 14-on, 14-off or 7-on, 7-off)
- Knowledge of Unionized environments considered an asset
- Salary based off qualifications
KPIC is a proud member of the FWS Group of Companies and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 9 consecutive years.
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent Benefits Package, including Group Retirement Program with Employer match Contributions along with Life Insurance, Extended Health Care, Vision Care, Dental and more..
- Health and Wellness Program
- Prescription Safety Eyewear Reimbursement
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks
- Profit Sharing/Bonus Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Apprenticeship and Education Funding Programs
- Onboarding Gear Bag equipped with standard PPE and KPIC branded clothing
- Employee Recognition, Scholarship and Volunteerism Awards for employee’s children
- Annual Protective Clothing Reimbursement & Corporate Clothing Credit
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Onboarding & Referral Incentives
To apply, you can create your candidate profile at www.fwsgroup.com/career, and then click on the APPLY button at the bottom of the position profile. Or submit your application through LinkedIn. Thank you to all applicants, however, only selected applicants considered for next steps will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52.00-$62.00 per hour
- Commuter benefits
- Dental care
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: On the road