Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Store Warehouse and Receiving Associate
Defined by their focus on customers for life and continuous improvement, the Warehouse Associate has a key role in ensuring that products are received, verified, stored, and transported to the sales floor or in the warehouse in a safe and efficient manner. Associates are also responsible for keeping the warehouse neat, tidy, and well maintained. This position includes a lot of lifting and carrying.
- Provides the team with the necessary support to enhance the customer experience within the store through.
- You can work between the hours of 6am-3:30pm Monday to Saturday and the occasional Sunday, but have flexibility as business needs may change
- Maintaining housekeeping disciplines in the warehouse in order to facilitate location of products by all staff.
- Responding to and handling customer and staff inquiries, requests, and concerns in a timely manner.
- Delivering and assembling merchandise as required.
- Receives, scans, verifies, and stores all incoming and overstock products according to established procedures and policies.
- Ships returns and completes paperwork.
- Reconciles inventory differences.
- Prepares merchandise for filing, sorts and fills merchandise carts for the retail floor.
- Is responsible for garbage disposal, cardboard recycling, and the disposal of broken products in accordance with store policy.
- Processes damaged and returned claims.
- Repairs broken packages as needed.
- Reports stolen and damaged goods to Management.
- Operates computer and scanning tools, and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
- Is responsible for the safe operation of all warehouse equipment (forklift, skyjack etc.).
- Certification in forklift and skyjack (or scissor lift) is preferred.
- Handles dangerous goods and hazardous products according to established procedures.
Key Behaviors & Competencies
- Results oriented
- Strong belief in the Canadian Tire values of honesty, integrity, and respect.
- Results-oriented individual.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to complete detail oriented retail tasks according to instructions and to demonstrate responsibility for outcomes.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to resolve retail and/or customer issues.
- Ability to adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Positive attitude, punctuality, and solid work ethic.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Ability to handle physical demands including standing/walking for 8 hours, lifting and carrying items unassisted, using a ladder, and twisting, turning, reaching.
- Ability to work shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- As a condition of employment, successfully complete employment verification and criminal background checks.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $14.15 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
curbside pickup available; surfaces are sanitized regularly.
- Warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-25