Roots is more than just an/the iconic Canadian retailer, we are a group of passionate employees who act with integrity, trust each other and do what is right. We work in a space where people can grow and develop, with a team of people who own results and are dedicated to seeing Roots win. We seek to build longstanding relationships with partners who share our commitment to maintaining high ethical standards of operation.
We are currently seeking a Temporary Warehouse Associate who can be nice, will seek inspiration from our roots, can commit to achieving results the right way and loves to think big to join us on our journey.
Who you are:
- Open minded and approaches problems from different perspectives.
- Contributes positively to the team environment and respects differences in people, ideas and opinions.
- Acts pro-actively with a willingness to go above and beyond to generate remarkable results.
- Committed to leaning and growth and demonstrates respect and honesty in all interactions.
- Passionate about the brand and takes pride in your work and contributions to the organization.
The Temporary Warehouse Associate for Roots will be responsible for the following:
- Order picking with a Vocollect voice system and driving a mobile equipment.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner.
- Consistently meets minimum required production targets, accuracy and quality standards for work performed. Use Bluetooth devices for ecomm processing.
- Pick & pack orders accurately in a neat and organized manner.
- Accurately follow-on screen prompt to assist with ecommerce processing.
- Facilities maintenance and cleaning.
- All other duties assigned by management.
Top candidates for the Temporary Warehouse Associate role will have the following:
- Completion of Secondary School Diploma.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and take direction from line management.
- Previous order picking/packing experience is an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Overall understanding and experience working in a Distribution Centre environment with a warehouse management system.
- Ability to produce results under pressure in a fast-paced work environment using tact and camaraderie.
- Exhibits autonomy and takes initiative with daily tasks while also being a team player.
- Compliance with work instructions and health and safety standards
- Overtime as required based on seasonal business needs (this may include weekends during peak periods).
This role is eligible for:
- Morning: 7:00am – 2:45pm
- Afternoon: 3:15pm – 11:00pm
- An hourly wage of $16.89
- $0.50 afternoon shift premium (available only for afternoon shift associates)
- Weekly pay (Friday)
- A generous employee discount
- Vacation pay (4% of salary annually) which is paid back to the employee
Founded in 1973, Roots Canada is a publicly held Canadian lifestyle brand that sells apparel, leather bags, small leather goods, footwear and active athletic wear with over 100 retail stores in North America and Asia.