As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees alike. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming back to work with us!
If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Maersk Warehousing and Distribution USA LLC handles end-to-end warehousing and distribution logistics needs utilizing our strategic network of storage facilities. Our facilities are capable of receiving, storing, processing and dispatching cargo, so we can build flexibility and resilience into the supply chain process. Our integrated solutions allow us to be prepared for supply chain risks, so we can plan distribution to better achieve lead time and goals despite unexpected conditions. Our extensive experience, connections, and deep expertise across different sectors, industries, and transportation modes, means we can be counted on for process excellence that will save time and money.
Receives, stores, and distributes material and products within warehouse by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to lead and direct team efforts in a warehouse environment.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information such as labels.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Arranges product in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
Leads a group of 10+ employees in the warehouse operation. Responsibilities include ability to lead, motivate and direct team efforts while informing department supervisor of problems or potential problems that require immediate attention.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Notice to applicants applying to positions in Canada
You must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Successful candidates must be willing to relocate to the appropriate geographic area at their expense if necessary.
Damco Distribution Canada, Inc. (DDCI) is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants as required by law. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, place of origin, citizenship, family or marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation. We will consider qualified applicants with a record of offences in a manner consistent with applicable human rights legislation.
If you are interested in applying for employment with DDCI Canada and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact the applicable Human Resources Department by emailing [email protected]. You may also contact the Human Resources Department by calling 844-447-7878. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis pursuant to an interactive dialogue between the applicant and the Company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Work Location: In person