Maple Automotive Corporation (MAC), located in Cambridge, ON, is currently looking for an Electrical Co-op student to join our ever-grown team. MAC is part of the Toyota Tsusho Group of companies located world-wide, and we are part of a multi-market, multi-business enterprise with expertise in exporting and importing, new manufacturing, intermediate goods processing and logistics in Canada, the United States, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
With a team of nearly 5,000 people and 71 locations across North America, we strive for comprehensive excellence by cultivating a vibrant culture of creativity, reliability, accountability, flexibility and teamwork to activate the full potential of all employees, customers, suppliers and communities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Inspect and examine production equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions.
- Use PLC’s to troubleshoot and maintain equipment.
- Replace and repair equipment components including motors, gears, etc.
- Clean, lubricate and perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Complete work orders and ensure all equipment’s available and operational
- Attend to emergency repairs and preventative maintenance during and outside of production hours.
- Assist with the installation and modification of building and production equipment, when required (including holidays and weekends)
- Read and interpret blue prints, diagrams and schematic drawings.
- Facility maintenance including painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, etc.
- Assist with the implementation of Corrective Actions/Countermeasures when equipment issues occur
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Strong understanding and conscious of safe work practices
- Contribute and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Complete all required work orders and associated documentation
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Currently enrolled into an Industrial Electrician or Millwright Certification Program.
- Proficient in English (both verbal and written).
- Demonstrate the ability to work safely.
- Demonstrate basic troubleshooting skills.
- Any related work experience/training in a manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Has a positive attitude towards learning new ideas/skills.
- Excellent mathematical skills and attention to details.
- Must meet the minimum physical requirements to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to work rotating shifts.
Maple Automotive Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please reach out to the Team Member Relations Department directly.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship / Co-op
Contract length: 4 months
Salary: $15.50-$35.41 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person