Heavy Duty Mechanic-Journeyman-Brooks, Alberta
With approximately 3,300 employees, JBS Food Canada ULC (“JBS Canada”) is one of Canada's largest beef processors. Consisting of four locations—the main processing facility located in Brooks, Alberta, where approximately 4,200 head of cattle are harvested and processed daily; the Head Office and a case ready plant, both based in Calgary, Alberta; and JBS Ontario, a case ready plant located in Belleville, Ontario. The JBS Canada facility in Brooks has the capacity to produce products ranging from boxed beef primals, ground beef, beef trimmings, beef by-products and hides which are shipped across Canada and worldwide. At the multi-protein Mountain Creek Farms case-ready facility in Calgary, JBS Canada produces value-added products including marinated, portion sized, multi-pack options, kebabs and much more. JBS Ontario in Belleville produces fresh meat and seafood products for leading retailers in Canada.
During the pandemic, we have implemented hundreds of safety measures including offering unlimited PPE, constructing permanent physical barriers, establishing physical distancing protocols, and installing hospital-grade ventilation systems in all of our facilities.
At JBS Canada, our people are our greatest asset. We are very proud to have a team of high achieving, engaged employees. We are currently seeking the Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic to join our team at our main processing facility in Brooks, AB.
NOTE: THIS ROLE WILL BE LOCATED IN BROOKS, AB
**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE**
As a member of the team you will be responsible for a variety of duties including:
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Construct foundations for machinery or direct other workers to construct foundations
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Journeyman Ticket Required
- Red Seal Endorsement experience an asset
- Forklift Repair experience an asset
- Proven 3 or more years in a maintenance function; demonstrated experienced in hands-on support of operations, technical and maintenance work teams; (inclusive of time spent as a heavy duty mechanic apprentice)
- Leadership of a multi-disciplined work group during operating and turnaround situations would be considered an asset;
- Technical strength coupled with good people skills, and good planning;
- Basic computer skills, written and verbal communication skills;
- Rotating and stationary equipment maintenance experience;
- Foundation in Preventive and predictive maintenance systems;
- RPS/RCM maintenance troubleshooting techniques;
- Superior skills within your area of expertise.
Work Site Environment: Noisy, Odours, Hot, Cold/refrigerated.
Earn Competitive Wage $42.15 - $43.40
Please note that Applicants will be asked to complete a pre-hire medical and drug and alcohol test. Any offer of employment to the Applicant will be conditional upon passing satisfactory completion of the medical and passing the drug and alcohol test.
Exceptional Benefits including:
Competitive Wage | Relocation Assistance | Extended Health/Medical Benefit | Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance | Short/Long Term Disability | Vision/Dental Care | Employee Beef Purchasing Program | Voluntary Employee RRSP Contributions | Employer RRSP Contributions | Medical Clinic on-site | Career Growth and Continued Training
JBS Food Canada ULC
Mailing Address: PO Box 1868 Brooks AB T1R 1C6
Physical Location: 193002A Range Road 150, Brooks, Alberta, T1R 1C6
Telephone: 403-501-2223 Fax: 403-501-2239
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $42.15-$43.40 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- mechanical: 3 years (preferred)
- Class 5 Licence (preferred)
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person