Welcome to Quidi Vidi Brewery!
As Newfoundland & Labradors largest craft brewery we pride ourselves on over 25 years of brewing.
We strive to demonstrate passion, ambition & dedication to our beer and our people. Our values are important to us.
Working with Quidi Vidi Brewery encourages your best. We are committed to the continuous development of our employees. You will grow as the craft brewing industry grows.
Exceptional beer. Passionate people. In an extraordinary place. If this excites you, then working with Quidi Vidi Brewery is the right choice for you.
Who we are looking for
We currently have positions open in our brewhouse in all levels of brewing and cellaring. Whether you are new to brewing or a seasoned mash paddle warrior we’d like to hear from you! Brewers are creative and independent people. We want people who are passionate about beer. The kind of people who plan vacations around which breweries are in the area. People who keep up on styles and trends and want to brew the best beer of them all.
Previous brewery experience in management, filtration, cellaring, or brewing, etc. will be considered a very strong asset. We would like to hear your story…. on what path has your passion for craft beer taken you?
Duties and responsibilities
- Duties and responsibilities will vary based on specific position and level, but in general brewhouse duties can/will include any or all of the following:
- Work in conjunction with Head Brewer, Management and Brewery staff to create and develop interesting and unique beer
- Complete brewing process in safe and efficient manner; which includes, but is not limited to, milling, mashing and lautering, boiling, cooling and fermenting
- Follow all standard operating procedures to ensure highest quality and consistency standards
- Monitor and evaluate yeast as needed
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of all areas of brew house, cellar and related production areas
- Monitor gravities, temperatures and carbonations daily; implement and take ownership of QVBC Quality Management System
- Finished beer transfers and filtration
- Flexibility in hours and schedule, early morning and late night shifts, potential weekend shifts
- Other things like beer tastings and fun events
Due to the size and nature of the business, the brewer may be called on by management to perform duties across the organization that are not explicitly stated above.
- Knowledge and passion for craft beer
- Previous brewing and/or cellaring experience is considered an asset, please tell us about your experience and what you’ve done.
- Post secondary education in brewing/brewery management considered a strong asset
- Strong mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to operate a forklift considered an asset
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to lift 25kg+
- Demonstrate our core values
Brewers and/or cellar people will work primarily in the brew house oftentimes within close proximity to various workplace hazards. As such they are required to wear necessary PPE at all times. Brewers and/or cellar people will perform tasks which involve standing, crouching, reaching and lifting and must be able to stand for 8 hours and from time to time may be required to work offsite and may be required to drive company vehicles
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. John's, NL A1A 1G8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-16