With over 115 years of experience, EMCO Corporation is a leading national wholesale distributor of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products to the construction industry. We provide quality and cutting-edge products that help support residential, commercial and infrastructure initiatives across Canada.
At EMCO Corporation, we are committed to providing sustainable solutions to our customers and communities in which we live and serve. Our talented and passionate team members are the key to our success. We empower our team members to act like owners and make a difference within our business through striving for innovation and providing excellence in customer service.
We offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze product on hand and projected sales
- Create vendor purchase orders to maintain product mix, optimize material in the Profit Centre and satisfy projected sales
- Monitor vendor shipments and receipts to ensure material arrives within the prescribed parameters established; expedites customer orders when required
- Meets or exceeds the Profit Centre targets for fill rate and stale inventory
- Research and resolve inventory discrepancies which may include physically locating the product
- Collaborate with teammates on current shortages/outages of products
- Regularly engage with teammates to gain insights on product preferences of customers
- Ensure all customer orders have been fulfilled to maintain compliance
- Cancel orders that are no longer needed to ensure inventory accuracy
- Work in conjunction with warehouse teammates to ensure timely delivery of products from vendors
- Perform system product file maintenance for the Profit Centre and work with Product Management Group when required for updates and changes
- Negotiate vendor returns, special buys and local rebate programs
- Maintain market intelligence and report pricing level changes, market conditions that may impact inventory levels
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Profit Centre Manager
Skills and Qualifications
- College and/or University degree
- A minimum of 1 year of purchasing or inventory control experience
- Able to analyze sales and inventory data, and understand market trends to make informed purchasing decisions
- Possess strong negotiation skills
- Able to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high standard of integrity
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
Great mentors and on-the-job training
Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
Work-life balance and flex time
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment, and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. EMCO is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.