Airports Council International (ACI) World is the association of the world’s airports. It is a non-profit organization, whose prime purpose is to advance the interests of airports and to promote professional excellence in airport management and operations. By fostering cooperation amongst airports, world aviation organizations and business partners, ACI makes a significant contribution to providing the travelling public with an air transport system that is safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible. ACI World contributes to the safety, security, and sustainability of the global aviation industry by advancing the collective interests of airports and the communities they serve and promoting excellence in airport management and operations.,
Our Vision is for ACI World to be at the forefront of the world’s air transport development by fostering and promoting harmonized, coordinated and sustainable growth.
Position title: Senior Director Global Training
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Airport Experience and Training
Supervises: Director, Training Programmes
I. Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide strategic leadership of the Global Training (training and AMPAP)
- Manage relationships with the regional offices ex. Global Training Steering Group.
- Manage relationships with ACI regional HR committees via the World HR Forum Steering Group.
- Act as ACI team leader on the ICAO-ACI Airport Management Professional Accreditation Programme (AMPAP) Steering Committee.
- Financial forecasting, reporting and control of assigned department budgets.
- Represent ACI views at major global conferences, through publications and with regulatory bodies.
- Actively participate in the development of the ACI Services and Partnership initiative.
II. Major Duties and Accountabilities:
Lead and develop ACI’s Global Training Department:
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer's needs, desires, and pain points, and uses this knowledge to guide product development and operations.
- Monitors the product's performance and gather feedback from customers, using data-driven insights to make informed decisions and prioritize future improvements.
- Promotes a customer-centric mindset within the team, fostering a culture of empathy and a commitment to delivering high-quality products that meet the customer's needs and exceed their expectations.
- Measure the effectiveness of GT’s delivered solutions on an ongoing basis via a set methodology and report back on the performance and ROI
Manage the training portfolio:
- Responsible for product planning, delivery and strategy throughout the product lifecycle.
- Develop a vision and roadmap for the product based on input from internal stakeholders, customers, market research and their own industry insight.
- Uses data-driven insights to inform decision-making and monitors the product's performance to assess the impact of previous decisions.
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Develop a competitor monitoring (Vigie)
- Develop and update GT’s business plan and the yearly team budget.
- Contribute to Airport experience & training strategic plan in collaboration with the Senior Director Airport experience and strategy.
- Lead and develop GT’s staff
- Develop and foster beneficial relationships with education institutions and other industry bodies ex, ICAO, IATA
III. Skills and Abilities:
- University degree, and postgraduate qualifications would be an asset.
- Ten years’ experience in managing multiple programs that involve both internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience in product management, marketing and strategy
- Experience internationally, working in multi-cultural working environments an asset.
- Ability to formulate and articulate strategic vision and objectives;
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management in a business and regulatory environment.
- Excellent written (document-writing, e.g. policies, procedures, recommended practices, manuals and report writing) and spoken English skills
- Pro-active, collegial, tactful, diplomatic and discreet in all dealings
- Ability to work in a service-orientated culture, delivering excellent service levels to ACI members
- Ability to carry out all tasks required effectively, accurately and quickly
- Excellent office computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to communicate in a welcoming, effective and dynamic manner
IV. ACI World Values:
What We offer:
- A challenging and exciting position in an international and multicultural environment.
- 4 weeks of vacation/year.
- 5 sick days/ year.
- 5 mental wellness days/year.
- Employee cell phone (iPhone) with TELUS Health virtual care included.
- Health insurance coverage from your first day of employment.
- Opus/EXO Transit discount on monthly pass.
- Employee recognition points earned to convert into redeemable gift cards
- Very flexible employee monthly wellness account to use to achieve a greater work life balance