Cable Assembly Tech – Location: Calgary
Shifts Available: Days, Full-time
Who is Flux?
We see possibilities and potential in the future of innovative technologies.
Our culture is one where initiative and great ideas are rewarded.
Flux is an innovator who provides high-value manufacturing solutions of electrical products including custom wiring harnesses, cable assemblies, and box builds; we take a fresh approach to manufacturing.
Overview of the role
Excited by the idea of lots of work to be done in a fast-paced environment; this role offers a high sense of accomplishment in seeing your hard work become a part of first-class commercial and industrial infrastructure. Working as a Cable Assembly Tech at Flux means being on the front line of fulfilling our customer promises.
· Using the bill of materials (BOM) required for the manufacturing and assembly process; verifying that components are correct, per manufacturing specifications
Electrical/Electronic Assembly & Finishing
· Follow manufacturing specs to assemble, manufacture and prepare finished goods for various manufacturing operations
· Lead by example and take initiative in insuring that equipment best practices are always followed
· Be a part of project on-boarding and technical meetings where project expectations are communicated, and technical processes are refined for repetitive execution during daily shifts
· Ensure that positive contributions are made to team KPI metrics on high quality and efficiency, per assigned manufacturing order budgets
· Follow all production procedures as instructed
· Own the quality of your work, ensuring that each and every task is performed to the highest degree of quality
· Unwavering commitment to precision and a deep sense of personal satisfaction in the task at hand
· Perform quality inspections and participate in team quality reviews
· Some post-secondary courses or on the job training in manufacturing, electrical, electronics or other related industrial setting is preferred
· Understanding of IPC Class 1, 2 or 3 Soldering would be a great asset
· 1 year minimum soldering experience
· 1 year working in an industrial setting, restaurant, hospitality, inventory (stocking shelves etc.) are transferable
· Ideal for those who are looking for a career transition role; we are growing!
· Very comfortable using a wide variety of automated equipment, hand tools, sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time
· Precise in nature, you tend to be single-minded to reach your goal in the most direct and efficient way possible
· Eager to share a new or better way of achieving results; sharing your experience benefits everyone on the team
· The ultimate self-starter, you are internally energized by the work in front of you
· A sense of urgency to ensure that tasks are completed on-time and at the highest quality possible
This position advertisement is an overview of the role and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties.
References will be required.
We welcome all qualified candidates to apply; the diversity of our workforce reflects the customers and the communities where we live and work.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- soldering: 1 year (required)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $23.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-25