Dawson International Truck Centres // Are you looking for a chance to be part of something big, something meaningful, something important? How about keeping our vital transportation infrastructure — our roads, highways and bridges — safe for B.C. families and businesses!
Dawson International Truck Centres is a full service International, Isuzu, Trail King and Peerless dealership, offering service, parts and sales in five locations across the BC Interior. We support the transportation industry by providing them with the necessary equipment and services for economic growth.
Work for us and you will be a valued member of the Dawson Group, a family owned group of transportation and construction companies serving all of B.C. People First is one of our core values, and we take it seriously. As well, we pride ourselves on acting with Integrity, Excellence and Respect. These values define us and guide all the decisions we make.
In this role you will be a valued member of Dawson International Truck Centres, working in a permanent, full-time position of Heavy Duty Mechanic, reporting to the Manager of Service. This position maintains, rebuilds, overhauls, reconditions, and does diagnostic troubleshooting of motorized commercial trucks, buses, and road transport equipment. This position works closely with the Parts Department and Service Advisors. Your base location will be Kamloops, BC and may require some travel throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
Prioritizes safety in all aspects of the job
- Strives to exceed industry standards by continuously offering first-class customer service
- Successfully determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests, identifying worn and damaged parts
- Maintains current and accurate vehicle records by documenting all services and repairs
- Ensures equipment is available for use by completing preventive maintenance
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brakes, steering, and hydraulics
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives and confirming repair completion before releasing unit to the customer
- Complies with federal and provincial vehicle requirements by inspecting vehicle’s to CVSE compliance
WHAT YOU BRING
4th year apprentice in Heavy Duty
- Red Seal Certified
- Strong electrical diagnostic skills
- Class 1 or 3 driver’s license is an asset
- Air brake experience is an asset
- First aid experience is an asset
- Strong self-motivational skills
- Goal oriented and a team player
WE TAKE CARE OF OUR PEOPLE
An excellent compensation package
- Premium pay
- Extended Health and Dental benefits
- Sick and personal days
- 13 Statutory Holidays Recognized
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Paid training
- Recruitment bonus program
- Relocation support
- Shifts 5x8, 4x10, 3x12
- Pension plan
- Home every night
- Learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
BENEFITS (WE TAKE CARE OF OUR PEOPLE)
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities. Apply now to start the conversation!