"An Equal Opportunity Employer” It is the policy of North American Stamping Group to provide employment, training, promotion, and other conditions of Employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or status as a qualified individual with a disability or other status protected by law.
Come grow with us...North American Stamping Group is hiring. We are looking for an experienced Material Handler to join our team! This will be for our Midnight shift, running 10:50pm – 7:20am.
Your success is our success… Our sales have grown annually at a compounded rate of 18.0% for the last eight years, tripling our business, while making us one of the largest leading Tier II automotive stamping and assembly suppliers.
What you get in return …The most competitive pay in the industry based upon your skill level, along with a full benefits package.
The position duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials in stock and recording location of inventory.
- Stage all materials by pulling and verifying materials listed on the production schedule
- Move, stage and remove dies during the changeover process
- Maintains in-process inventory (WIP) at work centers by delivering materials
- Move F/G and WIP from Production to drop locations for smooth product flow.
- Documents materials by recording units delivered and location of units into ERP system (Shop Edge) for inventory accuracy
- Prepares finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, loading materials
- Move, pack and prepare materials for shipping by hand or forklift trucks
- Unpack, code and route goods to appropriate storage areas
- Operate forklift or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods
- Load Coils and pre-stage bolsters
- Bring empty containers to the Production area and stage for next locations
- Identify and bring inventory discrepancies to the attention of the Team Leader
- Suggest ideas for continuous improvement
- Follow all health and safety regulations and complete 5S
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to work overtime as required
Qualifications we are looking for include, but are not limited to:
- Previous shipping or material handling experience is preferred
- Forklift experience is an asset
- Basic to intermediate computer skills, Shop Edge experience is an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills (read, write and understand in English)
- Proven ability to follow directions and work well as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Able to lift up to 25lbs, stand and walk on a continuous basis
- Competitive pay
- Pension contribution
- Growth opportunities
- Safety allowance
- Safety focused culture
- Company provided uniforms and PPE
North American Stamping Group is a privately held company founded in 1978. We continue to explore the most innovative processes and technologies to stay on the leading edge of the automotive industry. Our strategic locations within North America allows us the manufacturing footprint to cover you in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. NASG is an industry leader in the manufacturing of stampings and automated assemblies. A Tier II supplier of components, systems, and aftermarket products for the automotive industry with a core business market consisting of seating, ride control, exhaust components, heat shields, noise, vibration and harness (NVH), chassis and structural and window regulators.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection process, please contact Human Resources.
North American Stamping Group is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.