Summary of Position
Our client, an industry leader in the design, manufacturing and service of complex technical equipment is currently seeking a Micro-Electronics Assembly Supervisor to join their evening shift team based out of their Kirkland office.
The candidate will be responsible for all micro-electronics personnel scheduling, execution of the production schedule and following the defined processes and criteria required to assemble the products. Working together with assembly, process engineering and quality personnel to ensure smooth operation and excellent quality. Component traceability, preparing/updating reports on daily, weekly and monthly will also be part of the position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supervising the work of assembly technicians and support staff to ensure compliance to corporate standards (team leader) and that the delivery schedules are adhered to.
- Scheduling of assembly MOs in constant communication with Scheduler and Quality Manager to ensure smooth operation and product output at the best possible speed.
- Responsible for component and consumable inventory in manufacturing clean room.
- Ensuring completion of component tracking/usage reports, WIP reports, traveler, test logs, failure reports, and other reports to ensure up-to-date tracking of product and test results.
- Work closely with the Process Engineers on equipment installation, repair, assembly, calibration and maintenance to ensure product quality, capacity and implementing the maintenance schedules.
- Ensure proper inventory of manufacturing tooling and fixtures and liaise process engineering to procure and install.
- Attending production meetings and report on requested items as necessary.
- Updating production step timing as requested.
- Monitor that assembly systems are working correctly and identify system faults for support from Process Engineering.
- Red-flag and stop assembly when assembly systems deviate from established process criteria thresholds. Inform Production and Process Engineering immediately.
- Establishing and implementing a quality culture within the assembly environment (Zero-defect initiative) including NCR and CAR activities.
- Participate in product failure analysis and corrective action as requested.
- Be fully trained and capable for all product assembly steps and act as additional assembly when required (capacity/vacation issues).
- Participate in MRB (Material Review Board) for assembly rejects and associated reports.
- Lead the assembly department in Inventory Verification (both year end and cycle) and provide information as necessary.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Manufacturing Director.
- Candidates must be energetic, professional, proactive and be a team player that can take ownership of their tasks and demonstrate a desire to resolve problems.
- Supervisory skillset in order to motivate and direct assembly staff to fulfill schedule requirements to meet customer needs.
- 5+ years’ experience in electronic or optical assembly environment (preferably Optoelectronic)
- Minimum College degree in electronics or electrotechnology
- Communicate in English & adequately in French (spoken and written)
- Microsoft Office skills (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Manufacturing experience with automated assembly equipment (Automated and manual wire bonding equipment, Automated die placement, Automated dispensing systems, Plasma cleaners)
Nice to have:
- Background in electronics, photonics and hybrid thick or thin-film technologies.
- Background in equipment tooling and maintenance.
- Manufacturing experience with automated assembly equipment: Automated and manual wire bonding equipment: Palomar. Automated die placement: BESI-Datacon. Automated dispensing systems: Camalot.
Cadre is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.