This position is responsible for coordinating and executing a broad range of customer service activities for York Region Public Works – Transportation Services multi-channel Contact Centre, including scheduling, providing guidance, advising, training, and coordinating, assigning, and checking the work of assigned staff. Responding to general and escalated resident inquiries; ensuring resident contacts are tracked in the CRM, assisting in the preparation of contact centre reports and development of customer service standards, procedures; and providing other administrative duties, as required.
- Provides guidance, and coordinates, assigns, schedules and checks the work of assigned staff to meet key performance indicators.
- Produces monthly staff schedules for Customer Service staff across all channels in conjunction with Supervisor and. makes changes and revisions to schedules as required.
- Supports management with updates, recommends the implementation of new processes and procedures
- Identifies, recommends and assists with the implementation of new processes and procedures.
- Coordinates, delivers, and updates the Contact Centre operational/refresher training program.
- Monitors multiple queues throughout the day to help ensure appropriate coverage across all channels (phone, live chat, email).
- Provides Contact Centre user support and/or escalates technical issues to appropriate technical support, as required.
- Assists in the preparation of contact centre reports to help maintain Key Performance Indicator’s (KPIs) across channels are maintained and met; identifying trends and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Proactively identifies and provides pertinent information/feedback to internal team members to help maintain up to date information and improve quality assurance program.
- Ensures information is accurately tracked in the CRM system to ensure data integrity.
- Ensures Contact Centre staff are following operational policies, procedures, and customer service standards, in conjunction with the Supervisor.
- Familiarizes and remains current with the departmental plans and information to communicate and explain relevant policies and procedures and respond to customer inquiries regarding service standards and future service plans in the Region.
- Manages information in accordance with legislation and corporate standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned, in accordance with Branch and Department objectives.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Business Administration, Contact Centre Operations or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years experience within a customer service contact centre environment and demonstrated leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience in Contact Centre scheduling principles/practices.
- Demonstrated experience in computer applications such as a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, other applications, and automated customer service telephone systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contact centre standards, and familiarity with relevant acts and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability in the Region’s core competencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate skills in virtual platforms and MS Office Suite including the use of virtual platforms for conducting meetings and/or presentations.
- Ability to provide guidance, training, ensure a safe working environment and to coordinate, assign, schedule, provide clear written and verbal instructions and check the work of assigned staff.
- Strong ability to develop relationships and work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, where diversity is celebrated and where everyone can develop to their full potential.
- Ability to work independently and with teams and with ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to travel to offsite locations, as required.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.