We are looking for a motivated Lead Application Developer to join our Digital Solutions Team within our Winnipeg Head Office.
In this role, you will oversee and develop digital software applications, including digital games, mobile applications, distributed web applications and other new innovative products. Reporting to the Manager, Application Development in Digital Solutions, you will be responsible for leading a group of developers, providing direction for application architecture design, and overseeing projects through all phases of product development.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing program – every role plays a part in our success!
- Company pension
- Health & Extended Benefits
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- On-Site Cafeteria & Outdoor Patio
- On-Site Gym
- A variety of committee-driven employee engagement activities
- Free Parking
- We are one of Manitoba's Top Employers for 2023
- A hybrid work environment
What You'll Do
- Collaborate, mentor, and motivate team members to achieve their full potential and deliver exceptional products and solutions to Lottery partners.
- Implement digital solutions to accompany instant tickets for new and existing customers.
- Develop, configure, and test software to manage solutions for PBL customers and internal stakeholders.
- Oversee projects, collect and assess requirements, interact with project stakeholders and customers, and run the department's development efforts and overall base code architecture.
- Play a key role in creating and delivering fully functional and tested software solutions and bringing them to market.
- Collaborate with internal technology stakeholders (IT Ops, DevOps, Security, QA, and Architecture) in the development of digital solutions.
Who You Are
- A go-getter who can coach, mentor and contribute to high team morale.
- An analytical motivator who applies strong attention to detail to work for accuracy.
- A good listener with excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively work with the team, senior management, and customers.
- A highly organized team member who can complete high-priority tasks and deliver projects on time.
- A critical thinker with the ability to solve complex issues using logic to plan for, investigate and bring forward innovative solutions proactively.
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of experience in application development, combined with senior-level or leadership responsibilities.
- Education in Information Technology, Application Development, or other relevant areas.
- Strong mentorship capabilities with the ability to take the initiative and delegate accordingly.
- Ability to manage projects, handle multiple and changing priorities and adapt to the situation with agility.
- Experience is navigating ambiguity and facilitating discussion to solve complex problems.
- Ability to construct specifications and supporting documents based on requirements and reasonably estimate work required to implement the components.
- Working knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes, Web, iOS and/or Android development, REST APIs, Agile Scrum Methodology, AWS Cloud Infrastructure, and Atlassian tools (Bitbucket, Jira).
Apply now by submitting a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R3T 0M8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Please confirm, if you are the selected candidate, are you willing to relocate to Winnipeg, MB within the next three months?
- Leadership: 1 year (preferred)
- Application development: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Winnipeg, MB R3T 0M8