We are actively recruiting for
Registered Respiratory Therapists permanent Full Time
TORONTO GRACE HEALTH CENTRE: JOIN OUR TEAM!
The Toronto Grace Health Centre (TGHC) provides specialized care and services to individuals who require Complex Continuing Care, Post-Acute Care Rehabilitation, Palliative Care, Wound Care, Respiratory Therapy, and Transitional & Remote Care. The care and services provided at TGHC helps facilitate patient flow through the health care system and ensures recovery so our patients can return to their homes or to Long Term Care (LTC) facilities in their communities. TGHC operates in 3 sites – the Main site (Church& Bloor St), Harbour Lights (Queen & Jarvis Street) houses and a Specialized Care Centre (Finch& McNicoll)
As a compassionate, caring and influential team member, you will make a personal difference in the quality of life of our patients. If you want to work in an environment where every face is familiar and where care and commitment flow to patients and staff equally, join our team and become part of the Toronto Grace family.
Position Summary and Responsibility:
The Patient Care Department at the Salvation Army, Toronto Grace Health Centre are currently seeking Registered Respiratory Therapists. The Registered Respiratory Therapist in this position is to promote a patient and family centered care approach. You will do this by collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of care providers in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner. You have clinical expertise, competence, and technical skills as related to the position. You are also flexible to changing priorities and committed to continuous learning and professional development. You have great interpersonal skills, and you effortlessly connect with physicians, staff, patients, and families. You will take a leadership in advocating and providing exceptional health care to patients and families. This position supports the Hospital’s mandate by advancing care through teaching. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for staff, physicians, volunteers, learners, patients and families. This position will report to the Patient Care Manager and the RRT Lead Coordinator.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive respiratory assessment and management plan for patients’ respiratory condition
- Provide ventilator management
- Provide tracheostomy tube management
- Provide oxygen therapy assessment and management
- Develop and provide client and family teaching plans as appropriate to the individual patient
- Provide supervision and education
- Provide clinical leadership in Code Blue
- Maintains confidentiality and builds a respectful working environment
- Demonstrate the ability to lift and position patients and related equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in health science or related field preferred
- Graduate of a recognized Respiratory Therapy program
- Registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification, required
- Experience in adult intubation
- Membership with C.S.R.T. and R.T.S.O. preferred
- Able to communicate and work effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment and willingness to accept clinical direction.
- Proficient computer skills and experience with MS Office.
- Excellent attendance record.
- The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening).
Qualified candidates may apply to:
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to our Careers website email quoting job #: 08152023 - RRT Full Time Please visit our website to learn more about the rewards of building a career at the Toronto Grace Health Centre: www.torontograce.orgwe are a “Great Place to Work”. Toronto Grace Health Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process please notify the Human Resources Department.
The Salvation Army Toronto Grace Health Centre has been accredited with commendation in 2021 by Accreditation Canada
Thank you for your interest in The Toronto Grace Health Centre. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Our Core values: Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Integrity, Committed, Cooperation and Celebration
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- respiratory therapist: 1 year (required)
- adult intubation: 1 year (required)
- BLS Certification (required)
Work Location: In person