Since 1983, Marble Slab Creamery has built its reputation by specializing in the mixing approach to gourmet ice cream toppings. The first to introduce slab ice cream in Canada, the Marble Slab Creamery difference is based on our mission to serve happiness by using only the highest quality ingredients and delivering a unique customer experience.
The Store Manager will provide and communicate the strategic direction and vision for the store. The Store Manager will manage all facets of store operations and ensure operational excellence in merchandising displays, inventory management, employee and customer engagement and relations. The Store Manager will coach and develop the store team to provide superior customer service achieved through execution of strategy and systems while achieving budgeted financial results.
What you’ll do:
- Present themselves as a role model when providing efficient and courteous customer service.
- Resolve and manage customer complaints effectively and according to established guidelines.
- Demonstrate leadership by providing positive and effective resolution to customer and team members' concerns.
- Encourage team members to take ownership for their performance
- Accountable for promoting loyalty programs, Marble Slab App, social media channels and other brand initiatives
- Manage and maintain product inventory.
- Plan and implement in-store and off-site catering events successfully.
- Achieve staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates.
- Schedule employees efficiently to improve productivity, profitability and margins.
- Continuously training staff effectively to encourage them to meet company standards.
- Protect company assets and improve profitability by developing and implementing security and safety programs for employees and customers.
- Pursue succession planning to ensure that employees are constantly developed to fill each needed role.
- Ensure employee awareness of safety and emergency procedures.
- Understand and support store operations, policies and procedures.
- Promote a workplace of inclusiveness and belonging
- Responsible for ensuring that OH&S, food safety, and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Drive store marketing to identify and capitalize on opportunities within the store and market
What you bring:
- Three to five years of management experience
- Above average communication/presentation skills.
- The ability to develop and maintain customer/client contacts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Complies with health and safety regulations and company policies
- Demonstrates a commitment to achieving results
- Displays commitment to our values
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to climb, reach, bend and lift up to 50 pounds
- Flexible schedule based on retail needs
- Models personal and professional integrity
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to improve systems and profitability
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.
We offer competitive total compensation packages that include base pay, shared tips and bonus potential.
Please apply online.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Restaurant management: 2 years (preferred)
- Retail management: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person