We’re looking for Full time and Part Time Respiratory Therapists at the Northern Lights Regional Health Centre in Fort McMurray. You will receive a wide range of experience as you cover all areas of the hospital, including:
- Provide patient assessment, treatment and education on receipt of referral.
- Provide interventions and maintenance for COVID patients within the facility.
- Perform routine respiratory therapy including oxygen therapy, airway management, ventilator initiation, monitoring and management.
- Perform respiratory diagnostic procedures including ABG sampling and analysis, bedside spirometry, Level III sleep study and assisting with Bronchoscopies; and other duties as required.
- Provide outpatient procedures such as ABG sampling; walk tests; trach changes, and other procedures as required.
- Maintain respiratory equipment used for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Liaise with other health care personnel with regard to respiratory tests and treatments.
- Maintain required annual certifications and competencies.
- Other duties as required.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Fort McMurray Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $12,480. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay. We are also providing free housing for 3 months and relocation benefits.
As a Respiratory Therapist I, you will assess patients (clients, resident), develop and implement respiratory therapy care plans and monitor their progress. You will be responsible for various diagnostic and therapeutic equipment and interventions. You will collaborate with various clinical teams and groups to enhance clinical outcomes. You will provide training and assist health care providers in the use and care of respiratory equipment as well as educate patients and their families regarding diseases, medications, equipment and treatments.
Active or eligible registration with the College and Association of Respiratory Therapists of Alberta (CARTA).
Additional Required Qualifications:
Current NRP certification. Current ACLS certification. Minimum of 1 year experience in a health care setting. Competent computer skills.
Current PALS certification.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $38.89-$49.34 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Work Location: In person