Join us at InnServices as a SCADA, Network & Instrumentation Analyst!
Located in Innisfil, InnServices is an award-winning, progressive organization that delivers the highest quality water and wastewater services to Innisfil and other municipalities. We serve over 11,900 households or residences and have over $255 million in infrastructure. InnServices operates facilities 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Our Mission: To provide safe, reliable, and cost-efficient water and wastewater services, through innovation, that are valued by our communities. To foster an inclusive, supportive, family-oriented utility that values our employees and our communities.
Our Vision: To be Canada's most innovative water and wastewater utility.
- Quality & Reliability
- Innovation & Efficiency
- Fiscal Prudence
- Support & Respectful Culture
- Community Leadership & Presence
Why work for InnServices?
- We have a fantastic workplace culture!
- We welcome fresh, innovative ideas!
- We are a flexible company that offers hybrid work!
The SCADA, Network and Instrumentation Analyst will be responsible for designing, supporting, and maintaining SCADA networks, and undertaking the programming of instrumentation control systems (FactoryTalk, Plant Pax, iFix, programming language for Allen Bradley PLCs) installed within new or existing facilities related to water, sanitary, and hydro utilities for InnServices and InnPower. This position will also be required to support the development, updating and implementation of Water and Wastewater Services’ SCADA standards, maintenance procedures and policies, and assist with troubleshooting, physical, and cyber security measures. The successful candidate will also participate in the planning and implementation of new or replacement servers, network infrastructure, application systems, while assuring Cyber Security risks are mitigated.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, implements, modifies, administers, and evaluates Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) software and systems and associated equipment required for the supply, treatment and distribution of water and the wastewater treatment and collection systems.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the corporate SCADA framework, strategies, and education program.
- Oversees protection of SCADA environment and ensures SCADA data security and integrity by establishing operational guidelines and controls including privacy, security, editing, validating and restart/recovery controls.
- Oversees and holds vendors accountable for performance and delivery of service.
- Enforces compliance with SCADA and security standards.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots operating software, hardware, and communications malfunctions to determine problems and take appropriate corrective action.
- Develops and implements operational warnings and alarms based on Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP) regulatory requirements.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and corrects reporting and system errors, through knowledge of and application of FactoryTalk and iFix, Plant Pax programming Allen Bradley PLCs. Bristol knowledge would be beneficial.
- Upgrades and updates SCADA graphic displays, historical data, tag name standards, and real-time data and control databases and displays.
- Reviews and improves standards on a regular basis and establishes new standards and SOP’s where they do not yet exist as required in consultation with relevant staff and management.
- Prepares and updates the preventative maintenance and replacement program for all SCADA and security assets including hardware and software, SCADA servers, virtual server environments, network equipment, network security, and communications.
- Creates and maintains accurate as-built drawings, procedures and inventory of SCADA and related devices. Provides advice, recommendations, support and educational material to leaders and staff on issues pertaining to SCADA systems.
- Supports the design, configuration, deployment, troubleshooting and maintenance of servers, network and backup infrastructure.
- Ensures the integrity and management of corporate data and enterprise storage (i.e., access permissions, sensitive and confidential documents, data retention, etc.).
- Participates in the administration of various systems such as active directory, access control, office 365, enterprise applications and others where required.
- Receives, documents, prioritizes, and provides timely top-level technical support and response to users of technology systems.
- Research emerging technologies, threats and services that may enhance user satisfaction and security with IT projects and make recommendations on new products.
- Provides input to Manager of IT regarding IT Service area policy and procedures.
- Participates in handling of political, confidential, sensitive and investigation requests.
- Works closely with other members of the Information Technology team in the identification, diagnosis, isolation and resolution of complex problems.
- Participates as part of the IT after hours on-call rotation to address emergency IT related issues as they occur outside of normal working hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
An Emphasis on Health and Safety:
With health and safety being one of our core values, it is important to ensure you perform the duties of the position in a safe manner, in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, InnServices’ Health and Safety Policy and Procedures Manual, and any other pertinent regulations, to promote a healthy and safe workplace for all employees.
- Ability to interact effectively and courteously with all levels of staff and contacts in a Customer Service focused environment; build cooperative, collaborative working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to think critically, using logic and reasoning when determining solutions to technical and business requirements. Advanced troubleshooting ability to determine root causes of system issues, while using good judgment and decision-making skills when evaluating potential actions for implementation.
- Self-starter with leadership ability in designing and implementing new systems, policies and procedures in a corporate environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Availability to attend evening and/or weekend meetings or other events; and to respond to major emergencies as required.
- Five to seven (5-7) years’ experience installing, calibrating, modifying, and troubleshooting the electrical and instrumentation Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) in a water, wastewater, utilities, or industrial environment.
- Completion of a University degree in a program such as Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Electronic Engineering.
- Requires extensive knowledge of computer systems, including system and network administration, and SCADA security best practices.
- Valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s license and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business.
Please note, we will be considering all candidates for the position. If you do not satisfy the education and/or minimum experience requirements, we still encourage you to apply.
InnServices values an inclusive environment. Accommodations for persons with disabilities will be provided, on request, to support candidate participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
We thank all respondents for their interest, however only those who will be requested to attend an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Innisfil, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have a university degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Electronic Engineering?
- Utility: 5 years (preferred)
- SCADA: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Innisfil, ON