Ohana Care Health Services is looking for Health Care Aides who are actively registered with the Alberta HCA Directory, and a passion for providing seniors with outstanding care. The most important part of our work is to make our clients feel they're cared for, and to build a trusting relationship.
We offer a range of home care services provided in the home, at assisted living facilities, and nursing homes around Calgary and the surrounding areas, 24- hours a day.
If you meet the below requirements, we’d love to hear from you.
- Health Care Aide Certificate, or relevant education
- Active registration with Alberta HCA Directory
- Minimum of 1 years' experience working with seniors.
- Valid Criminal Record Check.
- CPR (HCP) Certificate.
- Proof of Covid Vaccination
- Valid Alberta Drivers Licence and vehicle would be considered an asset.
- Work within your HCA scope within an interdisciplinary health care professional team
- Assist clients within both facilities and home-care settings
- Assist patients to take their medications.
- Assist with meals if at home, and portering residents to dining area at scheduled mealtimes as necessary in a facility setting.
- Assist with transfers, ambulation, and exercises
- Practice within your HCA scope; utilizing professional experience and judgement when providing care to residents.
- Detailed and concise communication with Ohana management
- Caring nature with a passion for seniors care.
- Competent and confident in skills and abilities as a registered HCA
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- Many of our clients do not speak English as their first language. Do you speak any languages other than English? If yes, what languages?
- Are you able to, and comfortable, driving clients in your vehicle?
- Alberta HCA Directory (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person