Dawn InfoTek Inc. is a professional IT consulting team that partners with major financial institutions, investment firms and government sectors. We have been dedicated to delivering cutting-edge consulting services and recruiting all levels of IT positions for our clients.
We are currently seeking competent individuals to fulfill the role of Business Systems Analyst to join our dynamic team for our client, one of the major banks.
Location Address: Hybrid (1x/week on site),
Contract Duration: 12 months
Typical Day in Role:
- Work with Program lead to manage requirements related activities and deliverables throughout the project life cycle (e.g. change requests, issues, risks, schedules, status reporting etc.).
- Work with the Project Owner, Project Sponsor and Project Manager to document the project vision and the project’s scope.
- Work with the Project Delivery Teams to identify, anticipate, assess, manage and resolve issues and risks related to requirements' activities and deliverables.
- Thoroughly understand and communicate stakeholder requirements and distribute relevant information, documentation and artifacts to project stakeholders.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and workflow analysis.
- Translate high-level business and user requirements into functional & IT specific requirements with appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work & development on the requirements.
- Develop and execute function, end-to-end test cases to ensure requirements are met
- Responsible for data analysis, profiling, data mapping, data lineage activities to support business requirements, and data governance requirements.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs.
- Work collaboratively with Business and IT staff to develop and maintain thorough knowledge of product, system and process capabilities, ensuring precise communications between IT and stakeholders, technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
- 8+ years’ relevant experience, with at least 3+ years’ recent experience as a technical BA
- Recent professional experience reading and understanding Python code
- Experience writing and reading advanced SQL queries independently
- Banking experience and understanding of the industry is required
- 4+ years’ experience data management, data analytics, application development experience is required
- SDLC knowledge is required
- Retail product experience and associated risk models is an asset (PD, EAD, LGD models for Mortgage, Credit Card)
- Database Systems: Hive/Hadoop, DB2
- GCP experience is an asset
- Detail oriented, methodical and has ability to translate business ideas into automated solutions.
- Strong business analysis and writing skills including the ability to select the most appropriate method of communication and to clearly and concisely prepare a variety of business communications, e.g.. Technical and Business Requirements, PowerPoint decks, User Guides, and project implementation / strategy documents.
- Critical thinker, investigating, analyzing, and resolving complex problems
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in cross-functional project teams.
- Well developed verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and articulate the underlying message effectively with different audiences, e.g. senior management in Information Technology Solutions, business stakeholders
- Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in providing high quality results.
- Strong data analytic skillset for the purpose of data solutioning, testing/validation and gap analysis.
Best vs Average: Strength of SQL and Retail Risk knowledge will be key deciding factors in finding the optimal fit for this role. Python aptitude is also required for day-to-day responsibilities.
Degrees or certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Salary: $50.00-$65.00 per hour
Work Location: Hybrid remote in TORONTO, ON