Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Manager of Respiratory Therapy (Adult) and the Clinical and Practice Leader, the Respiratory Therapy Extern will work at all times within an interprofessional model of care. S/He will be responsible for ensuring adequate supply levels and checking and maintaining equipment in the difficult airway carts. S/he will be responsible sterilization and re-circuiting of all invasive and non-invasive ventilators. S/he will monitor NO cylinder levels and prepare and calibrate equipment for patient use.
- Must be a Respiratory Therapy Student in a training program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Respiratory Therapy Education administered by the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists in either 2nd or 3rd year of study
- Previous experience in Acute Care and Critical Care environments preferred
- Demonstrated technical ability
- Maturity, independence and self-motivation
- Strong problem solving skills