Talbot Marketing is a leader in the Canadian promotional products industry. Talbot has stood the test of time because we continue to invest, innovate and bring value to our customers and to the promotional product marketplace. Talbot is one of the largest providers of promotional products and corporate apparel in Canada. We specialize in solutions to leverage the power of a company’s brand.
We aspire to become a company where our employees and clients are proud to call themselves a part of Talbot Marketing. Our corporate values include: to improve the lives of all those around us, operate with integrity, embrace diversity, make it fun and earn a fair profit. Talbot is a family oriented organization that treats everyone associated with Talbot with empathy, trust, fairness, and respect.
We are looking for a Customer Service Representative to join our growing team. Candidates with customer service experience and the interest to develop and grow your skills thru learning and mentorship within the customer service team would be considered an asset as we grow our team.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package – including 2 retirement programs with company contributions, company paid health & dental benefits and an employee assistance program. Employee sick days and vacation time above ESA standards.
The purpose of this position is to maintain superior support of the sales representatives by ensuring that orders, quotations and sourcing are processed and produced in a timely and efficient manner. The incumbent must be able to knowledgably answer questions from sales representatives, end users, suppliers and fellow employees on a timely basis.
· Answer all communication from sales agents, suppliers and end users providing information and assistance as and when necessary.
· To act as liaison between supplier and sales associates regarding items such as proof approvals, extra charges, ordering samples (and returning as needed), generate spec samples and ensuring deliveries are on track (by utilizing open order report). Email artwork/embroidery discs when required, resolve discrepancies between end user, sales associate and supplier.
· Review supplier acknowledgements for correctness and noting supplier confirmation on system in a timely fashion.
· Source products for sales associates and prepare formal quotations when required. Assist sales associates with creative selling ideas.
· Attend various outside/inside trade shows and supplier product knowledge sessions.
· Prioritize and organize effectively to maximize use of time to meet workload volume.
· Other duties as required
· Excellent knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc
· Strong in customer service and communication
· Organizing / Prioritizing
· Team Player (offer assistance, actively listen, respect others, be a problem solver, celebrate team successes)
· Positive attitude, motivated, compassionate
· Results orientated
Education and Experience
· Completion of a Community College program (concession may be considered based upon an individual’s job experience).
· One year of industry related experience or a minimum of three years of customer service experience, is necessary to carry out the Customer Service Associate role.
To learn more about Talbot Marketing visit our website at www.talbot-promo.com.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $19.00-$21.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person