Maxim Truck and Trailer
580 Oakpoint Highway
Winnipeg, MB R3C 2E6
Maxim is currently seeking 3 TRAILER TECHNICIANS for our Winnipeg Trailers branch. The successful candidates will diagnose and complete repairs and/or services on heavy-duty trailers to ensure customer satisfaction and profits for Maxim, while working as a member of our team.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:00AM – 3:30PM
- Conducts repairs/service under the direction of the Shop Foreman. Notifies Foreman of any additional repairs required on the unit.
- Tests and inspects repairs – conducts road test to ensure quality of work
- Determines unit issues by way of thorough diagnostics
- Record appropriate information on all work orders (serial numbers, parts used, repairs completed, or problems/unusual situations encountered during repairs)
- Maintain company tools and equipment; general shop upkeep to promote a safe work environment
- 3rd Level Apprentice to Journeyman designation or equivalent experience
- Government Safety Inspection Certificate an asset and will become required
- Interest in continually upgrading skills and knowledge in trade
- Valid Class 1 with Air Driver’s License an asset for road testing
- Positive attitude and team player
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to learn in house programs
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and perform physically demanding tasks
- Familiar with tools of the trade and personally equipped with an adequate supply of hand tools
Why Choose Maxim?
- A ‘Tool and Boot’ Allowance of 100% reimbursement to a maximum of $400 per calendar year.
- Support of Apprenticeship training – Maxim will pay 100% of eligible courses and book expenses to a maximum of $1,000 per level
- Competitive compensation package, shift premium for working evenings and weekends
- Group Benefits including: health (drug card), dental, vision
- RRSP plan with company match
- Employee referral bonuses - $1,000 and a FREE IPad!
- A great team to work with, and more!
More About Us:
Contrary to popular belief, we are not a transportation company! We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 17 locations from Vancouver to Montreal. We are proud to be a Canadian company with 500 employees.
Why not be a part of the Maxim team? Apply Today!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.40 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person