Appelt's Diamonds is a small business in RETAIL_CONSUMER_PRODUCTS in Winnipeg, MB. We are professional, innovative, customer-centric, and our goal is to provide diamond jewellery in an accommodating way, with a confident voice, helping people feel secure and celebrated.
Celebrating 85 years in business, Appelt’s Diamonds has established a strong reputation in the jewellery industry. We are a family owned and operated business with four locations.
We believe in providing exceptional service to our guests. In order to do this, we invest in our employees by providing them with a strong knowledge-based training program to succeed in their position. The on-boarding process involves classroom training and practical hours.
Our work environment includes:
- Growth opportunities
- On-the-job training
- Safe work environment
- Lively atmosphere
We offer competitive salary, benefits package, and opportunities for professional growth.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Sales Associate is responsible for greeting guests, and providing superior customer service in the sales and service transaction process. The Sales Associate is also required to perform merchandising and stock filing duties. The successful applicants will also be required to complete other duties as assigned by management and Head Office.
- Provide superior customer service to guests.
- Perform POS (point of sales) and service transactions; processing various methods of payment.
- Carry-out merchandising tasks; receiving shipments, stock replenishment, and vendor returns.
- Maintain and build a portfolio of guest profiles to provide individualized service.
- Maintain sales goals and key sales performance indicators.
- Ensure store is up kept through proper product presentation, clean displays and showcases.
- Complete various administrative tasks for the store as initiated by the Head Office or other locations.
- Ensure monthly sales are achieved.
- Resolve issues with guests when complaints are escalated.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are communicated and implemented by all employees.
Education & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years experience providing excellent customer service in a sales or hospitality environment
- Willingness to embrace Appelt’s company culture
- Ability to establish connections with guests and understand the needs of the guest
- Upbeat, optimistic, self-motivated, passionate and friendly
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in computer systems such as database/cloud systems, Excel, Word, Google Docs/Sheets/Forms
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with good judgment
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Cheerful and helpful demeanor, and exercises the ability to handle confidential information
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 24-40 per week
Salary: $15.00-$18.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Are you currently in post second education?
- Consistent Daytime availability throughout the year?
- Secondary School (required)
- Retail sales: 3 years (required)
- Customer service: 3 years (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-07-17