At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
Manager, Health and Safety
Job Title: Mgr Health & Safety Reference Number: 118029
Location: North Vancouver Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work: 7.5 hr Day Shift (M-F) Posted Date: 2023/09/22
Are you an experienced Manager in the area of Health and Safety looking for the opportunity to lead a dynamic and dedicated team of disability management and workplace safety specialists at one of BC’s (or can we say Canada’s) top employers? Do you enjoy collaborating within a large organization, implementing and leading programs in accordance with best practices in the areas of disability management and Occupational Health and Safety practices and safety prevention? If you have excellent collaboration and communication skills, leadership experience, knowledge of disability management and health and safety regulations and best practices, this is the job for you. Apply now and join our team of dedicated professionals who care about the well-being of our staff.
We are seeking an experienced Manager, Health and Safety to lead the Disability Management & Health and Safety specialists’ team, reporting to the Associate Director, Labour & Employment Programs.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Leads the team of Disability Management & Health and Safety specialists in providing excellent customer service and optimum service levels.
- Manages the daily operations of disability management and return-to-work cases and leads the development and sustainment of the Safety Management System and all occupational health and safety programs in compliance with applicable legislation and standards.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the areas of disability management, return to work best practices, safety management and occupational health and safety compliance and risk assessment.
- Researches emerging trends, legislation, standards and best practice regarding all aspects of disability management programs and duty to accommodate, and proactively reviews existing practices and procedures in support of an equitable, diverse and inclusive working environment, recommending changes where appropriate.
- Is responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory bodies and standards, conducting audits and reviews of existing health and safety policies, advising employees on safety procedures, conducting training sessions, and addressing incidents and injuries.
- Collaborates and liaises within Human Resources and across the Corporation in providing proactive consultation and advice on employee disability management and return-to-work cases, safety management and occupational health and safety and related strategies and approaches.
- Represents ICBC on WorkSafeBC claims and appeals.
- Creates a supportive work environment with open communication and teamwork to lead a highly performing team, to motivate and mentor others to deliver outstanding service.
To be successful in this role, you will bring the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a role providing leadership in disability management and return to work practices.
- Solid background in the field of occupational health and safety and WorkSafeBC claims and appeals.
- A Post-secondary degree in a related discipline, such as: disability management, health and safety, social sciences, business
- A Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP) designation is preferred.
- Experience in utilizing disability management and health and safety platforms, such as Sodales integrated into SuccessFactors, is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of professionalism to provide empathetic, tactful, respectful, and courteous service.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, clearly and concisely explain, present, and summarize information appropriate to the intended audience.
ICBC provides comprehensive benefit coverage to all eligible employees including a defined benefit pension plan and 4 weeks’ vacation, plus Wellness Days.
- Three options available for your health and dental coverage
- Employee and Family assistance program (wellness support)
- Basic group life insurance
- Voluntary group life insurance
- Critical Illness insurance
- Sick leave plan – 100% of pay for a period of a maximum of 8 weeks
- Long term disability plan
- Pension plan – defined benefit pension plan that pays a benefit to you or your beneficiary upon termination, death, or retirement
Join our team during this exciting time of advancement for HR and transformation at one of BC’s Top Employers!
Employing a hybrid working model, this role combines on-site in office work with work from home flexibility.
Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person