Working at CB (Canadian Bearings) means being part of a dynamic team, committed to collaborating with one another in the delivery of reliable solutions to our customers. Our culture is one of accountability, authenticity, and continuous development.
It is our vision to be a trusted supplier of industrial operations worldwide, and we are looking for skillful, enthusiastic, and customer-focused people to help us realize this vision together.
We are seeking a dedicated and engaging individual who is ready and willing to challenge themselves by utilizing their unique collection of knowledge, skills and experience in new ways in the following capacity:
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Act as first point of contact for customers via phone, email or in-person (sales counter).
- Complete order processing (including freight selection, order reception by phone, e-mail, in-person and customer invoicing).
- Engage in product sourcing, quoting and quote follow-up, ordering, and expediting activities based on customer requirements.
- Effectively manage and resolve customer concerns, identifying issues and suggesting/implementing appropriate solutions; escalate more complex issues as appropriate.
- Ensure completion, submission, and reporting (when required) of all appropriate paperwork (i.e. proof of delivery, receipts, invoices, etc.).
- Build and maintain sustainable relationships with customers and vendors, and collaborate with internal/external teams to ensure high service levels.
- Provide after-hours on-call customer support, when required/assigned.
- Conduct outbound sales calls to service assigned accounts and promote increased profitability.
- Provide shipping and receiving, in-person counter sales, and other branch-specific support (as required).
- Actively engage in continuous learning and development, including expanding personal knowledge of CB products & processes.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO OUR TEAM:
- High School Diploma required; post-secondary education preferred
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience required
- Knowledge of MRO industry and related products an asset
- Basic computer literacy (i.e. MS Office Suite)
- Basic mathematical skills
- Excellent communication, including written, verbal, and active listening skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. occasionally as part of shipping/receiving support
QUALITIES OF A GREAT FIT:
- Performance-driven; achievement-orientated
- Good team-player with the ability to build strong, functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Accepts accountability for and takes pride in their work
- Socially adaptable; able to gauge one’s audience and speak on their level
- Resourceful and creative problem solver
- Takes initiative and drives for results
- Resilient, professional, and conducts their business with tact and diplomacy
- Curious, probing, inquisitive and eager to learn
BENEFITS OF BEING PART OF THE CB TEAM:
- Comprehensive Group Benefits Program
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Personal & Professional Development Subsidy
- Employee Recognition Program
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities (access to LinkedIn Learning, product training, third-party personal and professional skills training opportunities)
- Constructive, engaging organizational culture
- Opportunity to work alongside experienced industry professionals
Our careers allow you to utilize your skills, knowledge, and experience while at the same time offering you a position that you will find both challenging and rewarding as you realize your potential and achieve your career goals.
Canadian Bearings is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Bearings will provide accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you are contacted for consideration and require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please indicate the accommodation required.
We appreciate your interest and thank you for applying to the Canadian Bearings team. Please note that applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates that are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person