Are you looking for a role that will challenge you?
Would you like to make a difference in the Environment?
If you answered yes, our Whiteshell Laboratories (WL) site located near Pinawa, Manitoba is looking a Security Compliance Specialist - onsite. The Security Compliance Specialist assists with the analysis and reporting of CNL companywide Security compliance against all applicable regulations, certifications and licenses and implements annual and routine project elements identified in the Security Strategic Plan. Associated tasks include the review of regulatory correspondence and developing corrective action plans, preparing for and participating in Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) inspections, unplanned event reporting and cause analysis, and the conduct of minor investigations. The Security Compliance Specialist will maintain management system and line level Security documents under the CNL Management System, aid in the conduct of Threat & Risk Assessments and Site Security Reports, develop and administer employee security awareness programs, deliver internal security training, maintain and report on security metrics and provide security compliance support to the CNL Missions on a company wide basis. Does this peek your interest? If you answered yes, then this may be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
· Preparing, reviewing and revising companywide management system and line level Security documents and maintaining document review schedules in line with the CNL Management System.
· Recommending improvements to companywide security policies and procedures.
· Supporting the conduct of Threat & Risk Assessments and Site Security Reports for CNL high security sites, and development and implementation of Preliminary and Final Security Transportation Shipping Plans.
· Undertaking annual and routine security improvement initiatives within the Security Strategic Plan, and developing the tactical approach to complete those items within the provided project timelines.
· Preparing ImpAct reports, event reports and monitoring trends in security reportable events, including the conduct of Apparent Cause Analysis and supporting Root Cause Analysis.
· Providing input into the CNL Corporate Security Plan and its risk reduction actions through collaboration with CNL Mission stakeholders and recommend revisions to that Plan based on routine analysis of residual risk throughout the life of the Plan.
· Monitoring industry operating experience and identifying trends that may be applicable to CNL security operations.
· Assisting in the conduct of minor criminal and security investigations in accordance with the Criminal Code of Canada, Provincial Statutes, Treasury Board-Government of Canada Security Policy Regulations and CNL policies and directives.
· Coordinating and executing internal audit activities in accordance with the Integrated Assessment Plan, and planning or assisting with the coordination and execution of external audit activities.
· Assisting with the planning, coordination and implementation of regulatory performance testing at all CNL high security sites.
· Collecting, monitoring, analyzing and reporting on data tracked under security metrics as part of the Contractor Assurance Scorecard; recommending improvements to the Scorecard based on data trend analysis.
· Developing, maintaining and delivering Security Awareness Presentations, Continuous Behavioral Observation Program (CBOP) training and New Employee Orientation training to Management, Employees, Visitors and Contractors.
· Conducting physical security compliance assessments for CNL buildings and facilities on a routine basis, identifying non-compliances to regulatory and CNL security standards and taking immediate or corrective actions based on the findings from those assessments, completing assessment reports and maintaining an assessment tracking database.
· Supporting maintenance of the Security Culture Communications Plan and assessing the need for awareness messaging to CNL staff based on internal and external OPEX, received intelligence or audit findings.
· Other duties as assigned by manager.
What we are looking for:
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of management and staff with a demonstrated ability to develop and deliver presentation material with minimum supervision.
· Must be discreet, tactful, honest and personal integrity must be of the highest order.
· Must be intuitive with a strong questioning attitude and must be trusted to work either as a team player or on their own for extended periods of time.
· Must have a mature appreciation for the organization, management and stewardship of CNL information. This includes the ability to manage records of a confidential or prescribed nature, which must be maintained in a thorough and secure fashion subject to regulatory review and audit.
· Must be willing to travel on an as required basis and be willing to remain on-duty during an emergency.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret – Level 2 Security Clearance.
· Three (3) – Five (5) years of progressive experience in a business or security/police related discipline with a demonstrated increase in responsibility.
· Work experience in the CNL formal document review and approval process is desirable.
· Post-secondary diploma with concentrated studies in a business or security/police related discipline or equivalent in knowledge and related experience.
· Formal training in Threat & Risk Assessment (TRA) or Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED) is considered an asset.
· Professional certifications such as PSP or CNSP is considered an asset.
Security Eligibility Requirement
· Secret Level 2 Security Clearance which has a minimum requirement of seven (7) years of verifiable history in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United States and/or the United Kingdom. CNL implements security screening in accordance with the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat “Standard on Security Screening” and the “Policy on Government Security”.
· The position requires the individual to be able to operate computer and communications equipment, as well as send, receive and analyze various forms of communication (e.g phone calls, email, web based meeting apps etc.)
· May be required to perform overtime.
Does working with a team across Canada to advance nuclear science and technology for a clean and secure world speak to you? We're reinventing ourselves to be the pace setters, so we can lead the charge in solving the problems that matter, like building the next generation of clean nuclear and hydrogen energy solutions, developing new and better-targeted cancer treatments, and continuing to lead the world in environmental remediation.
· Compressed work week! You get to work hard and enjoy more time with your family and friends. Work-life balance is an integral part of our overall health and well-being; at CNL, we value this.
· We offer a complete total rewards package:
o paid time off (vacation, sick, floater & personal days);
o benefits effective day one, that’s right no waiting period;
o tuition support;
o and a pension!
Do Our Priorities Resonate with You?
· Clean energy for today and tomorrow.
· Restore and protect the Environment.
· Contribute to the health of Canadians.
CNL’s Whiteshell is located in the beautiful and historic municipality of Pinawa, Manitoba, approximately one hour by vehicle from Winnipeg, MB. Pinawa is an excellent choice for people looking for peace and tranquility and those who love the outdoors.
CNL is committed to providing an atmosphere free from barriers that promotes equity, diversity and inclusion in achieving our mission.
CNL welcomes and celebrates employees, stakeholders and partners of all racial, cultural, and ethnic identities.
CNL also supports a workplace environment and a corporate culture that is built on our Core Values: Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Safety, Integrity and Excellence which encourage equitable employment practices and career prospects inclusive of accommodations for all employees.
CNL is committed to being an equal-opportunity employer. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please indicate via our ATS when applying. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
CNL respectfully recognizes and acknowledges that the Whiteshell Site is located within the traditional territory of many Indigenous Nations, including those within Treaty 1, 3, and 5, and the homeland of the Red River Métis. CNL is thankful to have the opportunity to work on these traditionally and culturally significant lands and waterways.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $94,400.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Will you be able to reliably commute or relocate to Pinawa, MB for this job?
Work Location: In person