Rexel is a world leader within the electrical distribution market. We operate in 38 countries, conduct business through a network of 2300 branches and relay on the support of 30,000 employees internationally to provide electrical solutions and equipment within the industrial, residential, and commercial sectors. Throughout the world, Rexel is accelerating electrical advances in close collaboration with its customers and partners.
Within Canada, our operating banner of Nedco, Westburne & Rexel Atlantic allow us to serve our customers through a network of 200 + branches across the country ensuring that local service, inventory availability and knowledgeable support are close by.
We are currently looking for a Credit Analyst for our office based in Calgary, AB.
As a vital member of our Credit department team, the Credit & Collections Representative uses his/her influence, tact and diplomacy to ensure that all credit and collections issues are resolved according to targeted departmental deadlines and to meet the framework of departmental policy and procedures. The Credit and Collections representative’s mandate is also to maintain and retain customers so this person must command excellent customer service skills to ensure that they meet personal and departmental business objectives, but also work to retain our customer base.
- Contact customers on past due invoices on assigned portfolios
- Establishes new accounts within credit policy and guidelines
- Assists with credit approval of orders and projects
- Effective and prompt resolution of disputes, discrepancies, adjustments or missed payments
- Applies expertise and knowledge of collection techniques to optimize sales and minimize losses from slow receivables and bad debt
- Determine degree of risk involved in increasing credit limits.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers to ensure that issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers to ensure that accounts remain in good standing.
- Communicate Involved in account reconciliations
- Alert management to any potential non-payment and changes in payment trend.
- Assists in customer service issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Qualified Credit Professional CCP an asset
- Strong level of self-confidence and negotiating abilities while being able to deliver diplomacy and superior customer relations when dealing with sensitive, confidential matters
- Excellent organization skills and priority setting skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Experience with legal contracts and the lien act of Nova Scotia
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in MS Office. Experience in AS400 and Get Paid would be an asset Detail and analytically oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Desire to take responsibility for the completion of work assigned
- Team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Co-operative, positive attitude, with the ability to work with managers and staff with varying style
How to apply:
If this is the right position for you, click apply.
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in Fitzii.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please visit www.rexel.ca for other careers opportunities.