SCS Consulting Group is a consulting engineering firm providing services to the land development industry throughout the GTA and surrounding areas. Our services include the design and contract administration of municipal infrastructure for residential subdivisions, and institutional, commercial, and industrial site plans.
We are looking for qualified candidates for Senior Contract Administrator/ Construction Coordinator with a high level of experience. As part of a contract administration team, you must be a very experienced and organized Contract Administrator in the construction industry related to land development. Specific duties include: construction and staff management, cost estimating, tender and contract reviews, contract negotiations, construction inspection and staff training, payment certification preparation and reviews, advising on cost effective design/construction practices, and performing as a liaison between client, project staff, agency staff, and contractors
What a career with SCS Consulting Offers You:
- Work on leading land development projects in Southern Ontario, including:
- New build residential subdivisions
- Single use retail buildings
- High-density and high-rise residential developments to medium-density townhouse condominium developments
- Competitive senior level salary with commuter benefits and meal allowances;
- We provide a Commute Benefit, if your home location is more than 35kms from the SCS Markham office, we will provide a commute benefit for any distance traveled over 35kms each way to and from the office;
- Wellness benefit – We cover costs related to health and wellness programs, gym memberships, sports and health activities including registration fees;
- Full benefits package offered after 3 months probation period, including a Health Care Spending Account; and
- All PPE attire (work boots allowance, safety vests/jackets etc.) included.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinating and undertaking inspection of construction activities, and training staff on SCS protocols and documentation;
- Program Management assistance for project planning, scheduling and estimating, engineering and design reviews, construction bid preparation, evaluation and award recommendations, construction oversight, quality control, progress evaluation and payment approval recommendations;
- Construction Administration services; and
- Construction related QA/QC services.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering and Civil Technology;
- Minimum of seven (7) years of contract administration and on-site inspection experience;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office is a requirement;
- Must have excellent change order processing and financial tracking capabilities, and take responsibility for project budgets;
- Possess strong communication skills along with excellent interpersonal abilities, and a willingness to work in a team atmosphere with decision making capabilities;
- Must be willing to travel extensively within the GTA area (specifically Durham Region and east to Kingston);
- Must have a valid G driver’s license and reliable vehicle;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on multiple projects at once is required; and
- Must be able to work extended hours as required to accommodate workload and contractor’s schedules during the construction season.
SCS is a company that believes in building long lasting relationships with our clients, community partners, employees and their families. SCS contributes to a variety of community-based charities and encourages employees to be part of the communities that they live and work in. In addition to a healthy, cooperative work environment, we frequently host companywide events, participate in community and industry events and along with our multiple sports teams inspire a healthy lifestyle, good fun, and friendly competition between co-workers.
At SCS, we believe our fundamental strength lies within our empowered and supported staff who are rewarded with challenging work, a focus on job satisfaction, and the opportunity for career advancement.
Thank you for your interest in SCS Consulting Group Ltd. Your resume will be carefully reviewed and we will contact you should your skills and experience match our requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Commuter benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Contract administration and on-site inspection: 7 years (required)
- Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering and Civil Technology (required)
- G driver’s license (required)
Work Location: In person